Recent content by CrazyGadget

1. CrazyGadget

Trimmed Wii on aliexpress

If you're new to the hobby, I would highly recommend trimming your own Wii, it helps you understand the anatomy of the board a lot better! Study up with the Definitive Trimming Guide, it has everything you need to pull off your first OMGWTF trim! I believe you are also already a part of the...
  2. CrazyGadget

Discussion Where do I begin? (NOW FLIP'S FIRST WORKLOG)

Chuck the two wires in a drill and hold the other end, let'r rip!
  3. CrazyGadget

Worklog Kill Mii Too (Altoids Smalls Tin Portable)

PMS2 / Lite is 1S only, do not put 2 in series!
  4. CrazyGadget

Question PMS-PD 3

You can join their Discord server: https://discord.gg/wS6bNYVvPS
  5. CrazyGadget

Worklog CrazyGadget's First N64 Portable - NSight64

It's been a long time since I have updated this thread. Unfortunately, I have not made any real progress in terms of this portable. I've been spending time catching up on commissions and other parts of life, and I hope to get back to this portable once the summer rolls around. That all being...
  6. CrazyGadget

OSD Control Board

This thread is a mirror of the OSD Control Board GitHub repo. All files are located there. OSD Control Board This OSD board is a simple set of logic gates that allow the screen driver boards used in portables to be controlled with button combinations from the built-in controller. This was a...
  7. CrazyGadget

PSU-Plus Official Release

I have uploaded all the source files to GitHub and have updated the original post accordingly!
  8. CrazyGadget

Question Wii Mobo Trimming

You cannot use a band saw, as the teeth are far too coarse and can delaminate the layers of the board. You can get a decent Dremel or equivalent rotary tool for pretty cheap these days. Here is a list of tools that I recommend beginners pick up. They are all from my own personal use and / or...
  9. CrazyGadget

Question Best Soldering kit and wire gauge for wii portablizing?

That thread is a bit old and some better equipment has come out since then. I made a list of tools here that has been updated as of yesterday, and I plan to keep updated as newer / better equipment comes out.
  10. CrazyGadget

Discussion ZOMG: Beyond OMEGA

11. CrazyGadget

Question Will my Wii short?

Swooshes like that definitely make for a possibility between shorting of multiple layers, best thing you can do right now is check your resistances as per this guide: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/wii-trim-resistances.2602/ I'd also recommend using a dry toothbrush to clean up...
  12. CrazyGadget

Question Ashida needing some final help

Not an interference issue. Iirc it's an issue with either RVLoader or the Wii trying to spit out 480i, which this driver board will not handle over VGA. One of the two, I can't remember. Either way, it's normal behavior for an Ashida.
  13. CrazyGadget

You should still get audio without those lines connected to the U-Amp, it just won't show the U-Amp being present in RVLoader.
  14. CrazyGadget

When using the U-Amp with the analog pot control (or buttons for digital control), you do not need to wire up SCW / SDW to the Wii, they are only needed if you're controlling the U-Amp via WiiHUD. I have found that wiring up SCW / SDW when using analog controls causes some kind of...
  15. CrazyGadget

Guide Wii Trim Resistances

6-7 ohms is a normal resistance for the 1V line on a 6 layer board.