Recent content by Stitches

1. Stitches

Worklog Thundervolt

2. Stitches

BitBuilt's 2024 Summer Building Competition

Rule 1 is moreso referring to PCBs that are custom designed to suit your entry. You can freely use any product that you can buy through a storefront. PCBs bought from 4layertech, Electron Shepherd, AliExpress, fleabay, Amazon, etc aren't classed as custom PCBs since they're stores that sell a...
  3. Stitches

Worklog The first attempt at creating a portable Wii with the appearance of GB.

Only useful thing I can suggest is to give the Wii a full IPA clean and go over every solder joint with a fine tooth comb, probe and verify every connection. If everything lines up, the Wii may just have died. It happens sometimes
  4. Stitches

The original G-Boy (called the WiiBoy before fear of Nintendo) was made from a DMG Gameboy shell. I'd call this a return to the classics
  5. Stitches

I gathered that much, I'm moreso confused as to why they're skipping the input filters. They're there for a reason
  6. Stitches

What are the magnet wires here for?
  7. Stitches

Question portables that use OMEGA trims

RIP Wave Rider
  8. Stitches

Xenii's first Wii portable

I like this muchly
  9. Stitches

Solved batteries on PS2 Portable

The difference between energy and power can take some time to wrap your head around. The mAh rating for the cells is also a bit misleading. mAh stands for milli-Amp Hours, which is thousandths of an Amp over an hour of time. The figure basically means that the amount of power stored in the cell...
  10. Stitches

Question IPS Driver Board 3.3 Short and Fan Issue

It was the other side of the caps, but yeah it might just have been a digital artefact
  11. Stitches

Solved batteries on PS2 Portable

Amps are a measure of current flow, not stored energy. In this case it's more useful to use wattage to estimate battery life. Volts multiplied by Amps equals Watts (V x A = W). A trimmed PS2 needs 4.7 ish Watts to run, add some extra for the controls/audio/screen/cooling fan, and a little for...
  12. Stitches

Hmmm. Can you check C40, right by the removed inductor? There's a funny reflective line there that might be a solder bridge caused by bumping the capacitor during inductor removal
  13. Stitches

Potentially. How did you remove the inductor? Hot air or iron?
  14. Stitches

The GND location really doesn't matter much, they're all internally connected. The GND location marked in the doc is just a beginner friendly spot to solder to that doesn't have anything important right next to it to accidentally bump or damage. 0.2 ohms is definitely a short. Question is...
  15. Stitches

Not sure about the fan, but I can't see any visual indication of a short on the driver board