Recent content by Thomothy

1. Thomothy

Worklog Thundervolt

UltraWii Sakura making a guest appearance
  2. Thomothy

Trimmed Wii on aliexpress

That is actually @ohkin86 's aliexpress shop! they're the same person that is looking into doing injected molded shells for sale too. I haven't personally used them but I have only heard good things about their service. you can see the thread where they say it is their shop Here as well as their...
  3. Thomothy

Thomii MK2 (weewii)

So more than a few people asked to attempt this build So instead of steaming ahead onto MK3s design I actually removed some of the scuff from MK2. I made the posts for the switch boards bigger making them less prone to breaking. Widened the hole for the joysticks to accept OEM sticks since I...
  4. Thomothy

Discussion Where do I begin? (NOW FLIP'S FIRST WORKLOG)

I typically tie the end off on a bench lite but that's because I make one big strand that I then cut up into different strips for the signals.
  5. Thomothy

Worklog [FINISHED] BrickMii: Old 2019 Portable

My MK1 I put a little bit too much pressure on the back and the bondo just gave way. I tried to have a different adhesive as a base for support but sometimes bondo just doesn't like adhering to plastic
  6. Thomothy

Question portables that use OMEGA trims

It's kinda weird to see my builds along side much better builds
  7. Thomothy

Worklog [FINISHED] BrickMii: Old 2019 Portable

Ah see I'm going though my getting things Done quick era too. And I think I finally passed it but I keep kicking myself about simple things I could have fixed if I had just taken my time. It is good to see some good ol bondo cracks however
  8. Thomothy

Thomii MK2 (weewii)

I do not. It was a pain on the butt just trying to get this guy working. If you notice the placement of the gc+ you'll realize not everything was planned out perfectly. I'm just lucky that I decided to go with 27mm and not 25mm so I can shove the gc+ between the driver board and wii with no issue.
  9. Thomothy

Worklog WII GOmega

I haven't messed with psps too much how similar is the gos analog to the switch or 3ds? They look like they click?
  10. Thomothy

Thomii MK2 (weewii)

If anyone wants to attempt this monstrosity I’d be willing to give them the cad files though.
  11. Thomothy

Thomii MK2 (weewii)

Maybe if/when I get all the scuff off of it. One I used literal joycon PCBs because that’s what I had on hand but would much rather use something like the breakout boards going forward. Plus I updated my screwholes but I made them a little too thick to place the PMS2 upside down on them. Thirdly...
  12. Thomothy

Thomii MK2 (weewii)

Something that was on my mind since the MK1 is that I can fit the wii and accompanying 4layer boards in a height of about 60mm so I decided I was going to make a portable heavily inspired by YveltalGriffin's UltraWii and Shanks PiiWii Pocket. The enclosure dimensions are 67x146x28mm...
  13. Thomothy

Thomii MK1 (codename KillerWhale)

Well the controller was concatenated with an actual Wii classic controller so once I smooth everything out I plan on making some PCBs for this bad boy and I actually want to fit everything into the size and shape of the classic controller and not have the batteries hanging off the bottom.
  14. Thomothy

Solved No Composite Signal Issue

Both having no jumpers or all three should work just fine. The issue is they don't have either of those. They have it set up for analog audio meaning the uamp is looking for 3v3 and is probably pulling their 1v8 line low because of it. Also I like having the HUD so closing all 3 is my go to...
  15. Thomothy

Solved No Composite Signal Issue

Your UAMP jumpers aren't soldered properly for the wii with HUD you want all 3 jumpers closed With just one the UAMP is looking for 3v3 rather than 1v8 that's what is probably causing the issues. Wesk designed the ashida to use the WIIs I2S digital audio interface so that's why you hook up 1v8...