Worklog My First G-Boy

Portables
What's the problem?
At first I didn't get video out from the Fuji Flex. One thing I noticed is that it appeared that the display driver wasn't receiving any signal so I started checking the FFC connector and discovered that pin 8 and 9 were shorted by a tiny solder blob I didn't see. Just for reference pin 9 should be ground, but not pin 8.

Once I fixed that I got video out but a lot of red distortion. I discovered that pressing down on the FFC cleared it right up so I reflowed the solder on the FFC which reintroduced the short. Fixed that again and now have perfect video!

At first I didn't get video out from the Fuji Flex. One thing I noticed is that it appeared that the display driver wasn't receiving any signal so I started checking the FFC connector and discovered that pin 8 and 9 were shorted by a tiny solder blob I didn't see. Just for reference pin 9 should be ground, but not pin 8.

Once I fixed that I got video out but a lot of red distortion. I discovered that pressing down on the FFC cleared it right up so I reflowed the solder on the FFC which reintroduced the short. Fixed that again and now have perfect video!
I'm on the red screen now. Which two pins are you talking about?

Portables
I would just start going pin by pin on the FFC to make sure there are no shorts. Then trace each pin from the FFC back to the FPGA to ensure they're connected. The way I found out this was the issue was because it worked fine when I pressed down on the FFC connector. Does yours do the same if you try that?

I would just start going pin by pin on the FFC to make sure there are no shorts. Then trace each pin from the FFC back to the FPGA to ensure they're connected. The way I found out this was the issue was because it worked fine when I pressed down on the FFC connector. Does yours do the same if you try that?
I didn't try to press the soldered PCB

But I re-soldered twice and the screen still showed red

Portables
it's possible that your screen or driver board may be damaged somehow then. I've had screens go purple, etc when the ribbon cable was busted. That has me thinking now though, have you tried swapping to a different ribbon cable?

it's possible that your screen or driver board may be damaged somehow then. I've had screens go purple, etc when the ribbon cable was busted. That has me thinking now though, have you tried swapping to a different ribbon cable?
The connected power cord has been replaced, and the FFC connected to the screen has also been replaced, but it has not been used