Solved How can i test my U10 relocation

This is just a Theard to know how i can test if my U10 relocation work correctly because i don't want to trim my wii and buy Some PTH08080 for nothing, thanks for your futurs replys.

(Also it's not a U10 instead of U5, it a U9 instead of U5).

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
If you use the U9 instead of U10, you have to reconnect the data line by shorting it. I always recommend performing the U10 relocation before trimming. There is a handy via you can use to test if severing the trace is successful. Simply test continuity with the pad and the via at the end of the trace.

Also I would recommend relocating bluetooth before trimming as well, you can test continuity with your relocated BT data wires and the caps near the edge of the board.

If you use the U9 instead of U10, you have to reconnect the data line by shorting it.
Many thanks for your replys but i've started up my wii without connect the data lines, when i pressed the power button, the led were green, the fan was not working and it show me some black/white lines at the screen.

And if it's possible can you tell me where are these two data wires.

Many thanks for futur replys.

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Many thanks for your replys but i've started up my wii without connect the data lines, when i pressed the power button, the led were green, the fan was not working and it show me some black/white lines at the screen.

And if it's possible can you tell me where are these two data wires.

Many thanks for futur replys.
Connect pads 4 and 5 together in the U10 and U9 spots according to this picture.

Connect pads 4 and 5 together in the U10 and U9 spots according to this picture.
Okay, i will try it the earlier possible, again many thanks for all your replies.

Update after try :

So it work but i need to touch with a screwdriver the "solder bulb" of the transistor but i'm happy because i thought my wii was broken.

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Okay, i will try it the earlier possible, again many thanks for all your replies.

Update after try :

So it work but i need to touch with a screwdriver the "solder bulb" of the transistor but i'm happy because i thought my wii was broken.
Can you post a photo of this? It might be an easy fix.

Can you post a photo of this? It might be an easy fix.
I tried with my phone but it's not the best quality, i will try to make it work again but it's quite challenging.
Also i'm not a soldering master and my solder iron is not the best.

Thank you very much for helping me in my works.

Update after a bit of work :

Okay so i desoldered the "soldered blub" and i noticed that the pin 3 of the transistor is missing, the probleme is that i think i can't relocate this pin.
If it's possible i would like to know where i can buy some replacement U10.

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I tried with my phone but it's not the best quality, i will try to make it work again but it's quite challenging.
Also i'm not a soldering master and my solder iron is not the best.

Thank you very much for helping me in my works.

Update after a bit of work :

Okay so i desoldered the "soldered blub" and i noticed that the pin 3 of the transistor is missing, the probleme is that i think i can't relocate this pin.
If it's possible i would like to know where i can buy some replacement U10.
Before reaching for a new U10, try running a thin wire from the blob over the 3 pins to the non-grey striped end of that black capacitor next to it. I had a similar issue with my U10 relocation that somehow disconnected the ground pads from the rest of the Wii, and running a wire to ground fixed it.

Before reaching for a new U10, try running a thin wire from the blob over the 3 pins to the non-grey striped end of that black capacitor next to it. I had a similar issue with my U10 relocation that somehow disconnected the ground pads from the rest of the Wii, and running a wire to ground fixed it.
Many thanks for this reply, i try it and it work perfect, my wii start portabilizemii just as normal.

And i just want to congrats you for all the job you do in this community.

(Can i write [Solved] in the title?).

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Many thanks for this reply, i try it and it work perfect, my wii start portabilizemii just as normal.

And i just want to congrats you for all the job you do in this community.

(Can i write [Solved] in the title?).
You're welcome, and I've marked it as solved for you. Good luck with the rest of the build.

You're welcome, and I've marked it as solved for you. Good luck with the rest of the build.
Many thanks, i will start the bluetooth relocation the earliest i can and i will trim the motherboard and do all the other relocation(usb, video, ect...).

Edit aftet a bit of work :

Now bluetooth is relocated so it's time for trimming but i will do more search about it.

Last edited: