Solved Building A Wii Handheld.

Portables
Hey Yall,
I'm currently trying to come up with a handheld wii design of my own. I have a list of stuff I'm going to need but I have no idea where to start. I have some ideas for case design and im working on a 3d model right now. I know im going to need some parts but I have no idea where to start. Anyone have any sugestions?

Adan

Portables
Start by looking at other wii portables. Getting design inspiration, looking at the parts list to see what you need and get size references. Decide whether you are going to use custom pcbs or stuff from 4Layer. Think about what you want from it like something to display or use or whatever. Also choosing a theme helps with design.

Shipyu

Hey Yall,
I'm currently trying to come up with a handheld wii design of my own. I have a list of stuff I'm going to need but I have no idea where to start. I have some ideas for case design and im working on a 3d model right now. I know im going to need some parts but I have no idea where to start. Anyone have any sugestions?
Hey !
I just finished making my wii handled a few weeks ago. I've done all the 3D modeling and printing by myself. It could be interesting to check my workblog here so you'll be able to see my component list, how much that hobby may cost you, what skills are required, what problem you could face...
There is a ton of better made Wii handled that people made, I can only advice you to check them out :)

Portables
Start by looking at other wii portables. Getting design inspiration, looking at the parts list to see what you need and get size references. Decide whether you are going to use custom pcbs or stuff from 4Layer. Think about what you want from it like something to display or use or whatever. Also choosing a theme helps with design.
I kind of did that. I really love the way the form factor of the Gboy holds but the Ashida is gamecube controllers i think i might go for some abomination like a screen on top of a wavebrid. I think it would look a little funny but might work. Thanks for the advise.

Portables
Hey !
I just finished making my wii handled a few weeks ago. I've done all the 3D modeling and printing by myself. It could be interesting to check my workblog here so you'll be able to see my component list, how much that hobby may cost you, what skills are required, what problem you could face...
There is a ton of better made Wii handled that people made, I can only advice you to check them out :)
Hey, Thank you so much for sending this. I completely forgot about Fusion 360 and your part list is awesome.

Portables
That looks amazing. I think thats what im gonna go for but maybe a little sleeker and a diffrent design for the fire thing.

Portables
My only problem is getting parts. I'm buying a wii for 5 bucks from a friend who has it in storage. But other than that im flat broke.

Portables
Portables aren't cheap to build.
Yeah I figured that. Gonna need to see if I can my IT class to pay for some parts. That or wait for summer when I can start working again.
I think imma still design something to the T so I know what I need. This is going to be my first build so hopefully I can cobble something together.