Question Aliexpress Ps2 portable power is detached. Anyone know the reset location for a GH-070-42?

Hi guys! I recently bought a fauilty PS2 portable from eBay that wouldnt turn on. I opened it up and noticed that the power button was desoldered. I hunted around for any trace of a broken solder joint, but I don't really see any. I'm new to the scene, but looked into the process for building one and found the reset location, but the point doesnt exist on my board revision. Can anyone assist me?

The console does have a load of cut wires around, I guess they've crudely removed a modchip.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

Hi guys! I recently bought a fauilty PS2 portable from eBay that wouldnt turn on. I opened it up and noticed that the power button was desoldered. I hunted around for any trace of a broken solder joint, but I don't really see any. I'm new to the scene, but looked into the process for building one and found the reset location, but the point doesnt exist on my board revision. Can anyone assist me?

The console does have a load of cut wires around, I guess they've crudely removed a modchip.

Thanks in advance!
I think it's in the area, you have to check it out.

Attachments

Thank you for your input! I think that image is from a different revision though, it looks different on my board.
Yes, it's from a different board. I think it will be similar. Let's look at this position again. I hope it works
ps2rs01.jpg
ps2rs02.jpg

Yes, it's from a different board. I think it will be similar. Let's look at this position again. I hope it worksView attachment 25405View attachment 25406
Thanks again, this has actually helped me find what I think might have been the solder point. So the trace from this point in your image has actually been cut on my board, but in following the direction I have found what I think is the point it was soldered to. However this still doesnt seem to work. I really don't know the voltages of the different locations on this board, but I have noticed that after the connection that goes to the power board, my multimeter cannot detect any voltages around the board. This doesnt seem right to me so I think there may be further damage than thought. I've done a bit of searching, and the area where the fuse that often can go bad in slims has also been trimmed, so I'm really not sure what to do haha.

I think this will be a good project for me to learn though.

Edit: just found out that the fuse at PS15 is blown! Ill try to get a replacement.

Attachments

Last edited:
Thanks again, this has actually helped me find what I think might have been the solder point. So the trace from this point in your image has actually been cut on my board, but in following the direction I have found what I think is the point it was soldered to. However this still doesnt seem to work. I really don't know the voltages of the different locations on this board, but I have noticed that after the connection that goes to the power board, my multimeter cannot detect any voltages around the board. This doesnt seem right to me so I think there may be further damage than thought. I've done a bit of searching, and the area where the fuse that often can go bad in slims has also been trimmed, so I'm really not sure what to do haha.

I think this will be a good project for me to learn though.

Edit: just found out that the fuse at PS15 is blown! Ill try to get a replacement.
Take a look from this thread so that it can help