Worklog The s-WII-ch (my first Wii portable)

What does it mean if my multimeter doesn't read continuity on my trim?
We need a little more detail to answer that. Between what two points are you measuring? Do you mean 0 ohms or infinite ohms?
And to clarify, you need to measure resistance, not just continuity.

The charts here are very helpful, but basically only the resistance from 3v3 to GND or any other voltage needs to be more than 6k ohms.

I tested it on 1-1.5v with 20k omega, but my reading said 0.05. Do you know if that translates to anything?

20k ohms is the value divided by 1000. So, 0.05 = ~50ohms. Set it to a lower multiplier to get a more specific value.

The sheet says that 1.15v will have 47ohms. Is 50 close enough or does it need to be exact?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
As long as the resistances aren't single digits, it's usually fine

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???

That's pinned in #modding-discussion in the Discord server, I buy all my 18650s and 21700s exclusively from them.

Hey everyone. Sorry for the 3 month long post drought! I couldn’t really do anything with the project until the 4 layer tech boards arrived. But good news! They’re here now! I’ve had then for about a month and have been designing mounting pieces for when they‘ll go in the case. This week, I hope to actually begin soldering. Hope to have more posts out soon!
897BF750-37C1-4FA0-9728-13A64732DEFD.jpeg

Where’s the best place to get speakers? Is there a specific type that works best with the RVL AMP?

Also, can I use the G-boy guides when making a portable with the 4 layer tech boards, or are the soldering points different since the G-boy uses older boards?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Also, can I use the G-boy guides when making a portable with the 4 layer tech boards, or are the soldering points different since the G-boy uses older boards?
Most of the information in the G-Boy manual is transferrable with few adjustments. The pads have moved around a bit on the 4layertech boards, but the Wii locations are exactly the same and the processes outlined for things like twisting the USB data wires are the same as well.

All you have to adjust for are the voltage and I2C pads being in different places on the 4layertech boards, and a few specific differences in the Lite version of the PMS and the RVL-AMP version of the U-AMP. Those specific differences are explained in the mini-wiki on the store page for each board.

In Shank's G boy video, he said that compatibility varies between micro SD cards. How do I know which cards are compatible if shopping on Amazon? (I found one that claims to be compatible with a steam deck. Does that mean anything?)