Recent content by CrazyGadget

1. CrazyGadget

GC Nano - The Worlds Smallest Gamecube

You'll have to make your own, I have links to the TRRS plugs and GCC extension cables in the BOM earlier in the thread.
  2. CrazyGadget

N64HHv2: Silver-Undervolt and MGC-Green Editions

A couple of months ago, the MGC crew decided that we wanted to build one of @Nicholas298's sexy N64HHv2s. Being that I already had most of the parts, I was more than willing to bring a kit with me to MGC. That being said, no one attending (myself included) had ever built an N64HH, so I wanted to...
  3. CrazyGadget

Solved Omega trim first attempt FAILED

Nice!!!! I would assume it would be a no-go for using this trim in the summer competition, given how far out we still are. But hey, this experience will make the next one go by much faster!
  4. CrazyGadget

MGC 2024

MGC, the best time of the year.... okay dump time! Had to start off the meetup by comparing Wiis to see whose is smaller ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I didn't take too many pics of the room, but here are some of my favorite showings from this year. Words cannot do it justice how awesome the ShortStack is...
  5. CrazyGadget

Worklog Project Short Stack

6. CrazyGadget

Worklog PiR8_BTY's N64 Portable Control Deck (N64HH)

Just a heads up, I believe you have to trim even more off, down to the row of vias (through the capacitor). You'll have to restore the one plane you cut off. That's going off of pics of Nicholas's original build, as well as Gunnar's
  7. CrazyGadget

i has new trim!!!1

This is revolutionary!!!! With your new trim, we can actually get an OMGWFT, an AMOGUS and TWO PSUS-Pluh boards!!!! How did no one think to try this sooner?!?!?!?!?!?!
  8. CrazyGadget

Discussion Where do I begin? (NOW FLIP'S FIRST WORKLOG)

There are no (at least released) remixes of the NoldendoMiicro that work with a 4 layer Wii. If you really want to use the 4 layer, you *could* do a NAND relocation to get the trim line where it needs to be, but thay's really beyond the scope of a beginner project.
  9. CrazyGadget

Spare Wiis

Check out what I posted here, it will help you in your search: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/where-do-i-begin.6234/post-66189
  10. CrazyGadget

Worklog Zelda Themed Gwii

Holy long links, Batman. For future reference, you can trim off anything after and including the "?". That listing is for either an 800x480 16:9 IPS panel OR a 640x480 4:3 LCD. It's the same G-Wii screen, just with a different driver board. @Guru-guru your best bet is to look up ZJ050NA-08C on...
  11. CrazyGadget

Never mess with your main console, bro! Never! Drop the $20 for another 6 layer.
  12. CrazyGadget

Anything that's LU7 or LU12+ is guaranteed to be a 4 layer, anything else is going to be a 6 layer (with some variance in LU6s IIRC). You'll probably find mostly LU10, LU3 and LU5 for 6 layers.
  13. CrazyGadget

Woah, $80?? If you live in the US, you can very easily get a Wii (4 layer or 6 layer) with a busted disc drive for $20 shipped off eBay. Just search Wii, select Buy It Now, For Parts / Not Working, price Low to High (click that you want to see possibly irrelevant results), then look for one that...
  14. CrazyGadget

Be sure to check out the Noldendo Miicro Guide! It's pretty fleshed out.
  15. CrazyGadget

If this is your first time soldering, I would highly recommend picking up a couple cheap soldering kits from Amazon to learn on, before diving into Wii projects. Once you hone your skills on the kits, I would very much recommend starting with a less-complex system; I like to recommend the...