Recent content by FallenLogic

1. FallenLogic

Had a portable for 2 days, tried to make some upgrades to it, forgot to check before closing it...

Had a portable for 2 days, tried to make some upgrades to it, forgot to check before closing it up again...R.I.P. NC4, in the future I will not put 5 volts into a 3.3 volt trace. Ah well, it's not getting any deader - on to more, better things!
  2. FallenLogic

The NC4 (First Portable N64)

Hello everyone! Remember me? I kind of hope you don't, I'm the guy that made that really horrible "portable" "Wii" with the GC+ using through-hole components instead of SMD ones. If you were wondering what happened to that project, I threw a Raspberry Pi in it and called it a day - though the...
  3. FallenLogic

Question Broken U10

I have desoldered U9 (after my attempts at desoldering U10 were unsuccessful), but one of the legs broke off (on the side with two legs). Is it worth trying to solder to the point where the leg broke off from, or should I move on to taking the U10 off another Wii motherboard? Basically - Is a...
  4. FallenLogic

Worklog Wii Portable Worklog ("Clunkii")

I finished populating most of the GC+ board today. All I'm missing now is the BSS138_F085. My soldering is less questionable than it was on the regulators (which I still haven't completely redone). The only problem I had was spilling a bit of solder on two of the 6 through-holes, but that should...
  5. FallenLogic

Solved Pad Labeling on GC+

Thank you! I just realized it's printed like that because there wasn't room on both sides.
  6. FallenLogic

Solved Pad Labeling on GC+

There are two pads across from each other (for resistors) with the label R2R9 - the rest of the pads are labeled R1-R16 (except R2 and R9). My question is: do I solder both R2 and R9 to those pads? What does it mean?
  7. FallenLogic

Worklog THE SWII Machup

Little late on this, but (although I don't recommend it) Nintendont actually can emulate a GameCube controller with a wiimote and nunchuk (or classic controllers). EDIT: But yeah, you wouldn't be able to dock those different controllers using magnets like the diagrams show.
  8. FallenLogic

I actually have one already - the bit just wasn't long enough to reach the screw without the actual handle being able to fit in the hole. In other news, I found my SD Card reader! Since it has been a decent amount of time since the last post, I've tinned most of the GC+ surfaces, added the zener...
  9. FallenLogic

Sorry for the radio silence; I had finals this week. I had a long weekend afterwards, so I've been working on the portable. New changes: Ordered some more desolder braid and blank through-hole PCB (arriving sometime between Jan. 15 and Feb.3) Have cut the classic controller apart and mounted...
  10. FallenLogic

That's what I was afraid of. I redid two of them: is 5.05 a more reasonable reading for the 5v regulator? 1.15v is 1.15v, but it should be just a little higher, right? I've also started the frankencase. The screen bezel is glued to the case (at least for now, I will probably epoxy it later)...
  11. FallenLogic

When I started this project, I was using a secondhand ECG iron with a very heavily oxidized tip, which, as you can guess, did lead to some cold solders. I couldn't find a replacement tip, so I started using a $6 iron from Harbor Freight (store brand), which worked much better than I expected...
  12. FallenLogic

Ah, that makes sense. I have now replaced the capacitors on all of the voltage regulators (I couldn't find a 360 or 370 ohm resistor for 5v, and yes, I know the soldering is questionable on some of these, but I did test them): The output from 3.3v is 3.21 (I'm guessing this is because the...
  13. FallenLogic

Alright, thanks. I didn't get around to actually finishing the U10 relocation, but I did install PortablizeMii (this was on a previously softmodded Wii). To test whether it was working (aside from the fact that the menu displayed), I removed everything from the Wii except the motherboard and...
  14. FallenLogic

So I've just begun building a portable Wii, nothing fancy though. Here are some of the parts/features (I tried to reuse components where I could): 1 port charge and play (Red Board + 2s1p 18650 Cells) 4-layer (RVL-101) Wii board 4.3" LCD monitor PTH08080 voltage regulators GC+ based...