Recent content by Littlehat221

1. Littlehat221

Question Best first portable?

An understanding of basic electronics goes a long way. There is a GBOY manual guide. Although kits aren't available anymore it gives you the general assembly of a Wii portable. Don't know much about the Ashida though I know parts are readily available for it. If you go the GBOY route you'll...
  2. Littlehat221

Worklog My First Wii Portable, no name yet

For testing, I never bothered with a shield wire. Only really do that with VGA video I would remove the wii2hdmi adapter I found it causes problems sometimes. Yeah, I would just wire the composite and ground directly to an av cable or something. Re-sanding helped with some of my wiis. Try...
  3. Littlehat221

Littlehat's "enhanced" g-boy clone worklog

It happened again! Life just happens. I actually completed everything some time ago (like summer 2022 lol), just got distracted by other stuff. But I finally can do stuff like this again. All the PCBs and CAD work is done. I have most of the parts needed to make one now. Will probably construct...
  4. Littlehat221

Wow... a lot of time passed. Life happened. I redid the case using Gman's files because tbh my first attempt was trash. Turns out you shouldn't order parts from Malaysia. Took months before it arrived. Just got it a week ago. I have the majority of parts that I need. I managed to get a RVL-PMS...
  5. Littlehat221

small update on the project: I will continue to work on this clone project even though Gman released Gboy files. All schematics for PCB have been finished. Though the case will most likely have to be revised a couple of times to fit parts. Waiting for parts to come as their dimensions weren't...
  6. Littlehat221

Probably not as this is a copy of Gmans work so I don’t feel comfortable releasing them. If Gmans releases his files I’ll release them too. What‘s the moderators opinion on this? I’m expecting the custom order of glass to be in bulk so I might sell them along with a case to recuperate on the...
  7. Littlehat221

I’m using ultimaker branded PLA. Not really expected gusts of air seeing how it’s enclosed. I’ll try your advice about the supports.
  8. Littlehat221

Didn't get a lot of time to work on this but I'm making steady progress. Did a test print and it seems that many of the tolerances are too tight. Have to make them more loose next time. Also seems that sections of the case are warped by the bed. Does anyone have a fix for case warping? Supports...
  9. Littlehat221

Finished case design. Gonna print some test prints and see how it is. It's made for .55 thick glass and I think I found a source. http://valleydesign.com/gorilla-glass.html - Does anyone know if this is ok? Starting pcb design now. Basically gonna be pcbs that utilize 4layertech.
  10. Littlehat221

Hey, y'all. To practice my skills, since I don't believe I can make a full-fledged unique portable yet, and because I really like the G-boy form factor, I decided to make a clone of a gboy along with some "enhancements". I want a: - USB port -glass protector (gorilla?) -dedicated Bluetooth...
  11. Littlehat221

Question G-Boy case Cad files

G-Boy files are not open source. G-Wii is though.
  12. Littlehat221

USB C and RVL PMS Stock

Noah after the update said that gman and aurelio designs were gonna be restocked through the discord announcement.
  13. Littlehat221

Desoldering VGA

Try using a knife solder tip, it fixed my bridged pins in 3 seconds.
  14. Littlehat221

Worklog First Wii mod - Making a Micro

Using a adapter adds some lag, but when I used a wii2hdmi adapter it wasn't noticeable to me. Not sure if it matters to you though.
  15. Littlehat221

Question conections

A good place to go for cheap Wiis are places like Goodwill. I got a 4 layer Wii with controllers and stuff for 15 dollars. Also I noticed a lot of the Wiis have games in them, usually Wii sports. I also noticed watching the bitbuild streams helped me gain a better understanding. I dunno if it...