Recent content by Reiko_VT

1. Reiko_VT

Worklog Famicube ( Famicom disk system hardware and case mod )

I wanted to share a brief progress update! The 3d printed shell is done, and I'm really happy with the aesthetics! It was a little bit of a struggle to get the top on since some of the cables have a clearance of only 2mm or so. I have an idea of how to fix that issue though, so stay tuned! All...
  2. Reiko_VT

Cables and 3D-Printing Now with the inner frame in hand and with the majority of PCBs made, I could get on to one other way I could make this build smaller. Nintendo used big and bulky connectors both internally and externally, which makes sense, the connectors on the outside were ones that...
  3. Reiko_VT

Then, after a short wait for the parts, I could get some product shots.
  4. Reiko_VT

Reverso Opening up the disk drive, I was surprised at how empty it was once the battery compartment was removed. Thankfully that makes reducing the drive side would be very easy since there's only one PCB to adjust! The PCB on the left is a simple power board that works as a voltage regulator...
  5. Reiko_VT

Honey, I shrunk the Nintendo! If I wanted to make Arne's concept art real using actual Famicom hardware, I needed to think hard about miniaturization and where space could be saved. Earlier revisions of the Femidom's main board were thankfully small and had a combined voltage regulator and RF...
  6. Reiko_VT

"The Nintendo way of adapting technology is not to look for the state of the art but to utilize mature technology that can be mass-produced cheaply." Gunpei Yokoi was quoted as saying that in his book Yokoi Gunpei Game House. It was a philosophy that helped shape the Gameboy and was carried on...
  7. Reiko_VT

BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

Hello everyone! I'm Reiko, a VTuber! I love to mod gameboys, but I've been getting in to other console mods and casemods lately! I have a lot to share here!