Recent content by Somewaffles

1. Somewaffles

Worklog N64HH - N64 Portable

This might be a dumb question as you seem knowledgeable, but have you verified that the screen is being powered and that it’s on the right input?
  2. Somewaffles

Worklog N64 Tríos -- a 3x3 inspired motherboard redesign.

What size did you use for your trace width? Most look the same minus the vterm line I think
  3. Somewaffles

Worklog Purple ashida

I hope to finish up by the end of the month, then I can work on my gboy pcbs. I am using the ips screen from the 4layer tech store. With my ender 3 I use 210 C nozzle temp with 60 C for the bed. I have a glass bed and I still use blue painters tape and purple glue for the first layer otherwise I...
  4. Somewaffles

Worklog Purple ashida

After about 2 months of working on it on and off I have made progress. And lost some progress. So I figured out that my power lines were too long which was giving me an error when booting. I shortened them and I was able to get consistent boots. I then was able to get my vga to work but my color...
  5. Somewaffles

Worklog Purple ashida

I decided to try my hand with an ashida as I was tired of working on my 13 year n64 portable. I was able to 3d print my own case using an ender 3 pro. With wesks stl files. The case turned out great printing at around a 45 or 60 degree angle. The first thing I did was wet sand and the spray...
  6. Somewaffles

Solved How to power a separate LED light once the N64 system turns on?

The trimming guide for n64s have plenty of spots pointed out where you can connect the led for 3.3v. This is an example as to where 3.3v can be taken from. Using the diagram above the V+ would be the red in the picture and V- would be anywhere there is a GND point. As for the resistor you can...
  7. Somewaffles

Worklog Booshman's N64 portable

Maybe a bad amp? Or maybe a ground loop. Apparently a ground loop will do that kind of situation but everything I’ve read about it is discussed as AC purposes, not DC. I hope you can figure it out
  8. Somewaffles

Worklog PortaN64

It's finally time for me to start my first workload. I am making a portable n64 that I feel is unique and a challenge for me. My plan is to design a single board that includes the n64, pms, amp(with digital audio, thanks Gman for getting me started), usb-PD, and lcd driver to drive a 5 inch...
  9. Somewaffles

could you draw up like a basic schematic of how your audio setup is wired? Only digital option I know of is to do what GMAN did with his newest portable n64 build. He used the uamp, with another chip, and that chip supplied the uamp with the WS? needed to produce digital audio. It’s been a...
  10. Somewaffles

Ayy glad you figured out where the distortion was coming from. It looks to me like you could get vga output because you get r g b and h/v sync out. One thing to note is that I don’t think you will have deblur options or anything fancy like with ultra vga.
  11. Somewaffles

I don't know whether that would cause an issue but I want to say that I have read somewhere before that it should have its own ground. Not 100% sure. I would say its worth wiring the gound from the amp to pin 3 of the U1 chip for kicks and giggles to see if that helps. Where was the G connected...
  12. Somewaffles

I am no expert when it comes to this part so hopefully someone else can correct me/ help you better. But one thing I can think of is that you might need a low pass or high pass filter to help sort out the frequencies after the signal leaves the U1 chip. You might have cut resistors r18 and r20...
  13. Somewaffles

Ayyy good new!!! Glad to hear you got it working again! Now all you need is to get another expansion pak ;)
  14. Somewaffles

No, you should not have to run wires after cutting to the red line. Another thing you could do if you feel so inclined is to look towards the area(s) that you trimmed the last time and resand them. Might be shorting there for some reason.
  15. Somewaffles

Those traces go from pins 88 and 93 of the CPU and go to pins 25 and 7 of the U6 chip respectively.