Recent content by thedrew

1. thedrew

Worklog N64 Micro

This is Rev 2, not too much has changed physically but I corrected everything that should make it boot and it still doesn’t. I’m a little confused but will figure it out. Still learning and growing in this process. The next step is to create a flex to relocate the RAM and jumper pack on a...
  2. thedrew

Worklog An attempt to recreate the PS2 PCB

I love how you put different routed footprints such as the BIOS chip and video DAC. Great idea!
  3. thedrew

Worklog Portable 1: a SWiiTCH Wrendition

Love all the 3D modeling! I don't have the patience for that myself lol
  4. thedrew

Worklog Some PS2 Project

Yes you're right, the AliExpress link you posted is the same seller of the link I posted, just on AliExpress. Also won't solve the dithering issue you mentioned but the colors would be popping as well as a slight increase in contrast!
  5. thedrew

ps2 79001 black screen

So I suspect it is not actually turning on except for the led indicator and fan as the disc would still spin and all with the lid shut if it was actually working but had no video. Sounds like a more than just video. I would probe the voltage points in the guide I linked and go from there.
  6. thedrew

Question [HELP] Ashida has lines on bottom of display every few boots

I've had that issue more than once... I've never been able to solve it as it is usually an intermittent issue. Hopefully a new screen/driver board solves this for you
  7. thedrew

ps2 79001 black screen

You can refer to the PS2 7900X trim guide for where to probe to check various things including voltages: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-definitive-ps2-trimming-guide.1841/ How are you hooking up the PS2 to your display? Composite? And does a disk spin and seem like it is...
  8. thedrew

Worklog Wiiboy Color II Worklog

Awesome project! I'd definitely recommend hall sticks :D Same dimensions as switch sticks so no need to change your cad and work with the GC+ https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256806153525091.html
  9. thedrew

Worklog N64 Micro

Brief update: Not too much has changed but I did correct everything I think I need to for this design to boot. Guess I'll find out. - CCtlPgm trace on the RCP (pin 159) is now 22Ω (according to an impedance calculator using JLC's JLC04161H-3313 Stackup) - RAM traces impedance values are now...
  10. thedrew

Worklog Wii U R&D Thread (WURD)

Not only is that flex a work of art, but sheesh the soldering is beautiful!
  11. thedrew

Worklog Some PS2 Project

Insane man, really impressive and inspiring work as usual! That digital video is looking CRISPY. I have those tact switches (100gf) ones installed in a couple of my portables and they are the perfect feel in my opinion, good choice. Sounds like you're satisfied with the viewing angles of your...
  12. thedrew

Xbox 360 Portable

This is wild beyond belief... Incredible work!!!
  13. thedrew

Worklog N64 Micro

I plan on open sourcing this board design for others to attempt once complete and confirmed fully functional, so you could design anything you want with it!
  14. thedrew

Worklog N64 Micro

I appreciate your input. I was actually able to get further information from YveltalGriffin and Marshall: - RAM trace impedances should be 50Ω (currently is 60Ω) - VTERM needs a beefier LDO for stability/longevity (current LDO worked on an original board for a few short tests but not adequate...
  15. thedrew

Worklog N64 Micro

Thank you, definitely not giving up! Still actively working on the RAM termination, just seems to be more complex and involved than I thought. I'd rather not just 1:1 replicate what Nintendo did since that would require a lot more space (even though I have already measured all the traces widths...