Search results

1. Viilmo

Solved How many amps can I pull from the 5v lind?

How many amps can I pull from the 5V line on the stock regulators? Board is untrimmed and I need to connect a 10inch screen and an 6w max amplifier. I don't know how I missed of before but the maximum output current is only 1A, which won't be enough for what I need. I'll look into other...
  2. Viilmo

Question Wii Trim low ressitance

I trimmed my wii and sanded the hell out of it but it still has shorts I had tape over everthing while trimming. Im reading these ressitances: 1v to Ground: 0.7Ohm 1.15 to Ground: 75.8Ohm 1.8 to Ground: 37.1Ohm 3.3 to Ground: 1.5Ohm There are no visible shorts between the layers and I sanded up...
  3. Viilmo

Question CMBs in parallel for faster charging?

I have this CMB and wan't it to use it for my wii project. The problem im having that the wii uses 16watts with screen etc. and the CMB can only charge with a maximum of 8.4W, so it wouldn't charge while playing. I was thinking to get an other one to put in parallel which would end up using 4...
  4. Viilmo

Solved Good Step up Converter or Running screen off lower Voltage

I need a step up converter for my screen which uses a 12V backlight for my Wii. The screen is 10 inches and the power usage according to the driver board is 12V and more than an amp. I've read that simple ones from amazon or ebay are bad to use and I only need 12v for the screen and the Wii will...
  5. Viilmo

Question Burnt Component

I was modding my wii into a portable tv so i could use it in a car or a plane (as long i have a 12v battery) I added the screen which needs the full 12v for the backlight to work. Also had an audio amp connected to 5v near the Gamecube Memory slots. when i used the original power brick i didn't...
  6. Viilmo

Question PMS Lite Stock

Does anybody Know when the PMS lite will be in stock? I wanted to start building my first portable, but then it went out of stock.
  7. Viilmo

Solved Broke the HSync pin on the AVE

I broke the hsync pin on the AVE. I can still wire carefully to the pin on the ave but the pad is broken. Will i still be able to use VGA with the Wii? I tested it with composite and i got an output
  8. Viilmo

Question No VGA Output in System Menu

I have installed the VGA Patch on my Wii a few days ago and its amazing, but if I try to get to the system menu my screen tells me that theres no sync. What is causing this?
  9. Viilmo

Question Booting Wii with no Power Button?

Is there anyway to boot an untrimmed wii board automatically when power is connected?
  10. Viilmo

Solved Untrimmed Wii Power consumption?

How much Watt does an untrimmed 4 layer Wii with stock regulators use? (with no disk drive)
  11. Viilmo

Question Few questions I have about a BMS

So basically i found an old CTV and thought why I shouldn't just put a Wii in it. There was enough space to fit an untrimmed board which made things way easier. I want to use 8 batteries in 4s2p but I need a BMS. I've been thinking using this one but im not sure. Here the questions: 1. Can I...