Search results

1. Crimson_Thunder

Question Bluetooth relocation soldering?

in my experience, if you think you're using too much flux to solder to a trace, you're not using enough. high heat on the iron, smallest tip you got, pre-tin the wire and the trace. prep the trace with a scalpel or hobby knife(i find an xacto blade #2 to work pretty good), then a fiberglass...
  2. Crimson_Thunder

Worklog The Oopsii, a louii clone build

so, a sad update. had 1 screw post on the back half(one of the ones holding down the mobo), and one of the ones on the front half snap. so going to have to reprint the case in petg. was having issues with petg when i started this, but have since gotten my ender 3 printing GORGEOUSLY in petg. at...
  3. Crimson_Thunder

free ps2 portable 3d case for 5 inch screen

Once I get my printer reliably printing in petg this guys getting printed off.
  4. Crimson_Thunder

I had updated to 1.2 literally the day before 1.3 was released, so I didnt notice there was a new one, haha. Thanks for that. And yah, it was gc games. GC boot screen doesnt display in progressive(and I'm using a vga screen with patches), so got rid of the gc bios as it was redundant, and all my...
  5. Crimson_Thunder

About 99% complete. Just waiting on a proper sized fan(didnt notice amazon came up with a 30x30x7 fan when I searched for 35x7). Is it normal to have a negative temp on screen? Redid the ntc board thinking that was it, it wasnt. Not sure if it's the smaller fan, or the negative temp why the...
  6. Crimson_Thunder

New chip came in just before I was leaving for work yesterday. So after my morning coffee threw it in, cleaned up the board, and its alive again!!! Thanks Gman! Picture attached that I snapped while inspecting it with my usb microscope before firing it up. Will hopefully finish wiring it up...
  7. Crimson_Thunder

Figured out with some help from Gman that I most likely fried u8, hopefully got the right part coming in(BQ24296RGER‎, only ones that werent over 10 bucks a pop and don't have a multiple 100's min order.). Also got the buttons and sticks wired up save for the dual tacts on the back half of the...
  8. Crimson_Thunder

I'm in bc, canada(hence why the pms dying hurts the wallet even more). And just so I'm sure I'm not doing something totally stupid here, the power switch gets grounded, not pulled high right? Still got the anti static bag and could probably just flatpak in a padded envelope if that works?
  9. Crimson_Thunder

Was sitting on my workbench when I went to dinner, came back. Micro was HOT and and power button no longer worked, and if I plugged in power to charge it, it would either not work at all, or voltage would jump slightly on the battery about 2/3's of the time, but would just make a rapid click the...
  10. Crimson_Thunder

It appears to be fully dead. Freshly charged battery, only voltage line I get a reading on is the 5 volt and that's well under a volt at best. Microcontroller didnt get warm to the touch this time though. No change on any voltage lines after pressing power button. Even tried holding it down...
  11. Crimson_Thunder

Just as a safety I removed ALL wires when I let it rest overnight, charged my battery back up to 4.2 in an external charger. Gonna get some coffee in me and start tinkering again. So I'll connect up just the voltages and ground to the board, battery, and switch to test right?
  12. Crimson_Thunder

The second 3.3 is where I wired up the screen power, same as one of the grounds. And install instructions for the pms board specifically state it's better to have multiple grounds. Used 240, 320, 600, then 1500 grit for the board edges. Got my measurements in the trim resistance thread. Only ran...
  13. Crimson_Thunder

So I did have it up and running(just running off composite cause I forgot to click yes for vga patches, gonna rerun installer once I get it running again) with the pms2 for long enough to ensure it was booting, then to ensure my usb drive was soldered correctly. Went back to it after eating...
  14. Crimson_Thunder

Ordered the wrong screen for my gwii build(hence the name for this one, haha), so I figured I'd build another one since I have a couple cut motherboards around. Keeping the externals on this one nice and simple since the inside is going to be a PITA. Already printed and sanded the case and got...
  15. Crimson_Thunder

Worklog My first wii portable. Welcoming name ideas, haha.

So after all my work of printing, sanding, joining, sanding and priming, sanding then painting, I discovered I accidently sliced and printed the first revision cause I was comparing differences also ordered the wrong screen so I've switched over to a Louii build for now, which involved some...
  16. Crimson_Thunder

Worklog My first ps2 portable

Been attempting to trace out the traces I'll need to solder to once I trim down a decently sized third party controller. Decided on using switch analog sticks since theyre nice and compact. Any advantages to keeping the resistive touch action buttons on the controller? Also anyone know where to...
  17. Crimson_Thunder

New credit card came in, first thing i ordered after activating it was the rvl-pms2, usb board to go with it, couple switch analog breakouts for the ps2 portable I'm making, and the gc+ 2 board from 4layertech. That site is a godsend. Since I dont want to fart around with the mp1584's anymore...
  18. Crimson_Thunder

They were mostly to hold me over for testing and until my replacement credit card comes in. All the good sites dont take PayPal without a credit card attached. And if I got them functioning well enough in the mean time, they probably would have been put in a mini console with a shit load of fans...
  19. Crimson_Thunder

Got most of the surface imperfections out with some aggressive sanding and excessive priming, haha. Here's the first coat of metallic silver. Still on the fence as to whether this back case will be used or if it's a practice one.
  20. Crimson_Thunder

Decided to go with the g-wii layout, since I have a bunch of the right parts around here because I repair controllers and consoles as a hobby. This is after the second primer coat. Few imperfections showing their ugly faces that I thought I filled in with baking soda and CA glue. Hoping the wet...