Search results

1. splain

Discussion New portable idea! (Bwiifcase)

Would be cool to have a full-size briefcase with loads of batteries, a nice big screen on top, and the bottom would have room for games and controllers. Some kind of basic interface for plugging in controllers and popping in the games (where applicable). No mobo trimming, minimal soldering, easy...
  2. splain

Worklog The 64ME BOY

Post-contest update! I tried to ramp up production thru September but I had relaxed too much in the first half of the summer, and obviously I didn't finish on time. I took a bit of a break since then, but now I'm back to it and ready to finish. I got the expansion pak working fine, relocated...
  3. splain

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] Odyssey 64

I love that cartridge connector. Very nice.
  4. splain

Worklog The 64ME BOY

I got a "broken, for-parts" N64 off ebay that works perfectly fine. Did some trimming. I left the PIF on there because this portable is going to be huge, and I won't need that extra inch. I'm using a 5" ZJ050NA-08C, running off 5v. The N64 didn't fire up right away, so I added a resistor to pin...
  5. splain

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] Odyssey 64

Showin off that Sculptor's Cut, lol. Jelly. Nice work so far.
  6. splain

Worklog The 64ME BOY

Ah yeah, getting it resin printed, that's a good idea.
  7. splain

Worklog The 64ME BOY

Yep, I've thought about it. I have 2 printers and I know the 3D printing process very well. I'll be printing plenty of stuff for the internal structures. I just don't want the outside of the portable to have that stripey "3D printed" look.
  8. splain

Worklog The 64ME BOY

Yep, thanks for the detailed worklog! Mine is going to be a bit more primitive and chunky compared to yours, for a couple of reasons. But a huge Game Boy that plays N64 games is The Dream. The shell pieces will be ABS Cemented and epoxied together, and bondo'd from the outside, in the old...
  9. splain

Worklog The 64ME BOY

I'm a huge Game Boy nerd but I want an N64 portable, so I want to make one that looks like a huge Game Boy. I think this picture sums it up pretty well: (I'll probably end up calling it the 64 Boy or something. 64-me-boy??) I understand this isn't a new idea, but I've been meaning to make an...
  10. splain

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] The Junkstation 2

Love it. Hope you don't actually find a mouse, lol.
  11. splain

Worklog Not the "Game Giir"

Don't necrobump ancient threads! It's time to finish up this portable. The pandemic messed a lot of stuff up, and a lot of my stuff is even more outdated, but I still want to finish this. What have I done in the past 2 years?? I'm a good way through frankencasing the shell. I'll be putting the...
  12. splain

Question just about there

For power regulation and USB-power (and battery protection, and low battery indicator, and power button) you'll want to search the forums for a thing called the Wii Power Management System or PMS. It's not currently in stock in the BitBuilt store, but it will be soon. I also recommend taking...
  13. splain

Worklog D_Crepp's Wii Micro

Don't use a hair dryer. It might actually be easier to ADD solder, so that you can more easily keep all the solder points warm while switching between them with your iron. Don't push/pull hard on the U10 or else you'll break it or lift pads. Be very gentle. Just look around the forums or on...
  14. splain

Ghosts UltraWii Revitalized

Well since the shipping time for the PD035VX2 is like 3-5 years, I'll just wait for the IPS instead. Thanks!
  15. splain

Ghosts UltraWii Revitalized

That 3.5" 640x480 is hot. I'm ordering a PD035VX2 as I type.
  16. splain

Solved Questions before Wii Portable

The trimming guide has a section for USB and what gets wired to where. https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/the-definitive-wii-trimming-guide.198/#post-1492 As for VGA, that's just how VGA works. There are 5 active signals: R, G, B, Hsync, Vsync. You can look up more details and how a...
  17. splain

Ooh! I wasn't sure if such a screen existed, since so many Chinese screens are listed as 480p but aren't really. This one at least has a datasheet saying it is. Thanks!
  18. splain

Alright! The holidays were bananas and there's a tiny human in my house that doesn't go to bed until late, but I've been managing to spend at least a little time on my portable every day, so it's moving slowly toward completion. So slow. After going back and forth about what to do about buttons...
  19. splain

Hi all, I want a portable Wii, and it's finally time to make one. It’s going to go painfully slow, just like all my other projects. I’ve been casually collecting the stuff I need, and reading y’all’s worklogs for a long time now, and I need to get started before too much of this stuff is...
  20. splain

Miinx (Wii Portable in an Atari Lynx)

Incredible. I would never have thought of that volume control, and now I'm probably going to steal it lol.