Search results

1. Nold

Worklog Nold's 3rd N64 Portable

Alright.. so the Last64 wouldn't be my last 64... and the portable cycle repeats.. so now that "all" the work is already done, i thought i might do a worklog xD I got triggered by the nice worklogs & build by @CrazyGadget @Gman and more, to get back into it. I still had a bunch of N64 boards...
  2. Nold

Worklog [2022 Contest Entry] PS2DMG - Contest Entry 2022 - Worklog

# PS2DMG - Contest Entry 2022 - Worklog ## Prologue Actually I wanted to wait with the Worklog, until I have successfully relocated the Video DAC chip on a PS2.. but since I already put so much work into the designing process, I think it's about time to let you guys know what i'm working on...
  3. Nold

Worklog Project: Cyberdeck

This project is not really gaming related, none the less i want to document my work on this project here. Alongside with a more detailed page on my new wiki: https://wiki.nold.in/Cyberdeck At this point there is not much to show, as i'm still waiting for most of the parts to arrive, before i...
  4. Nold

GC2go [Summer Competition 2021]

The GCiiPocket v2 is finished & now called GC2go! Features: - Wii with NAND, MX & AVE relocation - 3.5" 480p IPS screen using VGA - PMS, USB-PD & GC+2 - 256GB internal storage - WiiHUD audio amp - over 5000mAh 1s2p battery - Custom PCBs - 9 "smart" sk6805 LEDs that light up the buttons - LEDs...
  5. Nold

Call for Backgrounds!

With the recent feature merged into RVLoader, you can now add backgrounds to RVLoader & apply them using the Settings menu. My idea was to collect a few backgrounds that we could ship as an "community" extension to RVLoader. So now it's your turn! What we need are background images as PNG in...
  6. Nold

2021 Contest Entry: GCiiPocket v2-Plus-Pro-Slim

Building the GCiiPocket was really fun & i still love it. But I decided to redo the whole GCiiPocket design from scratch. So it will be bigger & better. //Edit: It's done - https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/gc2go-summer-competition-2021.4554/
  7. Nold

Discontinued BitBuilt Custom PCBs

Here are some of the legacy Bitbuilt custom PCB. If a PCB is not listed here, you can probably find it's documentation here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?forums/bitbuilt-products.151/ RVL Power Management System (PMS) The RVL Power Management System is an all in one custom power...
  8. Nold

GCii Pocket

After only 17 days[!] development & build time, my GCii Pocket is finally finished! So this are the planed final specs: - Near OMEGA Trimmed Wii [NAND & AVE Relocation] - 3.5" IPS LCD using tasty VGA - 1s2p 18650 via RVL PMS - little over 2h battery life - Audio via crippled but WiiHUD...
  9. Nold

Worklog Nolds Unnamed Wii Pocket

So I'm working on a WiiP again. This project is inspired by builds like Shanks PiiWii Pocket or more recent: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/niintendo-pocket.3808/ So this are the planed specs: - Near OMEGA Trimmed Wii [NAND & AVE Relocation] - 3.5" LCD using VGA - 1s2p 18650 via...
  10. Nold

Last64

Finally! I had quite some trouble building this portable, but it's finally working & i hope it stays that way :D Final Specs: - Custom 3D Printed & wet sanded case - Trimmed n64 with 90deg. bended card slot - Memory pak, also 90deg. bended - N64 Advanced powered VGA output (480p) - 5" 4:3 VGA...
  11. Nold

Model [Guide / Release] Noldendo Wii Miicro

Hi folks, today i'm happy to finally present to you my Wii Micro aka "Miicro" Project! About this project The goal of this project was to use as less additional components as possible and make most of them 3d printable. Also it recycles a lot of the Wii's mainboard and used the stock...
  12. Nold

Nold's Documentations

Greetz, I will collect some of my documentations here. First off there are the DC & Xbox 'poor man's compendiums', Scans and more. I'm hosting them on my private gitlab instance, so you better clone it asap. [can't use github cause pics/scans are huge]. Console Hardware Original Xbox Docs...
  13. Nold

Worklog The Last64

Hi folks & welcome to the worklog of my last n64p. The Nintendo 64 always has been one of my favorite consoles of all time. Most likely because it came out when i was a kid and i remember playing it A LOT. Anyways, after disassembling my first n64p very quickly and quite a few dead n64's by...
  14. Nold

Release: libOPL - OPL Manager alternative & Python lib

So this is like the "official" release thread for my little python project. It's a Linux only comandline tool called "opl". I developed it as a replacement for OPL (Open PS2 Loader) Manager & USBUtil. The code base is still far away from good, but it does it's job. Features: - Adding and...
  15. Nold

2SP - The PS2 Portable From Hell!

It"s finally done.. you should get all the details in the video.. might add more stuff soon. Entry Video: Another video i recorded right after finishing the build: ## features - ps2 with free mc boot - ps2plus with switch analogs and ps2 vita / ps2 shoulder buttons - modded pms and...
  16. Nold

A RPi Portable Made Out Of Hemp - The HemPi

As some of you might now, i've visited @nobble & @Postman (and a lot of other folks!).. anyways, we worked together on this project for nearly two weeks... What came out is a great mixture of meme & usability! But see yourself: We called him, "The HemPi".. long story short: the local 3d...
  17. Nold

2SP - Nold's First PS2p & Clamshell Case

Hi guys, this idea is very young (yesterday), so i don't have much to say right now... just wanted to make it official: Video will most likely be component, not VGA! i think my screen supports it.. (It's mst703-lf based). So no way turning back now >.<'' which me luck! Hope my PS2 trim...
  18. Nold

World's Smallest Wii - The WiiNano!

Hi guys, so here is the video to my latest/MGC project. I'll add some more details when i'm back home / got some time! enjoy! //Update: Here are some nice pics: Internals: The PTHs perfectly filled the rest of space...
  19. Nold

Guide Wii Trim Resistances

Hi guys, since a lot of new ppl try trimming wiis, i was thinking about collection some common questions & data. So i've started writing down my latest voltage resistances. I hope some of you could add some more with different trims & revisions! It's an OpenDocument Sheet, but Excel can just...
  20. Nold

Worklog Here Wii Go Again...

Hi guys, as some might have noticed: i'm currently working on a project, i don't want to become public right now. Even if it's nothing big.. literally. The project will be reviled when I made it to the MGC this year :) I still can't believe that i get this possibility, i'm so exited to meet...