Search results

1. GC64

[SOLD] For Sale: 7" Screen With Audio and Multiple Inputs

I'm looking to sell this 7" screen I bought a while ago on ebay. It has built in audio with volume control, and accepts HDMI, VGA, and composite. The picture is very nice imo, I used to use it with my xbox. I have the power adapter and the 3.5mm to AV adapter, but not the micro usb to VGA...
  2. GC64

WiiBoy XL

After a year of work and almost entirely frying the system, I've finally fixed all of the issues and completed my first Wii portable. I've decided to respectfully plagiarize @Gman by calling it the WiiBoy "XL" as it is the only name that suits it.. Specs: - OMGWTF trimmed Wii motherboard - Four...
  3. GC64

Solved GC+ freezing problem

So I just recieved my GC+ in the mail, and I immediately went to wire it up to see it in action. Everything seemed to be going well, so I installed the config app to update it to 1.1 and to calibrate my slider ranges. When I clicked exit, it loaded to the portablizemii homescreen but gets stuck...
  4. GC64

Question Wii boot help

So I'm having some unexpected trouble with my OMGWTF trimmed wii with it not booting. It boots to a black screen, and sometimes the usb starts flashing but immediately stops. I trimmed this a while ago (6 months ago now) and it worked pretty much fine throughout that time, but now it is having...
  5. GC64

[WTB] U10

Looking for anyone who can sell me a spare U10, I had a perfectly fine one, but a corner broke off after peeling off some epoxy covering it. If anyone's got one around, I'll gladly buy it.. .. I'm desperate Thanks
  6. GC64

[WTB] GC Controller Start Button

This is kind of an odd request but I need to buy the little grey start button from a gamecube controller. I designed the style of my portable around this button but I seem to have lost the one I used to have.. If anyone has this button lying around from a disassembled gamecube controller I'll...
  7. GC64

4/4.3" Screen with 4:3

I've been looking for a screen either 4 or 4.3 inches with a 4:3 aspect ratio but have had no luck so far. Both the 4" and the 4.3" with 4:3 in the portablizing bom have been removed, and literally every other one I've found so far is 16:9. If anyone knows of a screen like this, please share :)
  8. GC64

Question Adding Headphone Jack to Amp?

So I have an audio amplifier that I hooked up my system's audio to. It is this one: http://m.ebay.com/itm/272313994576 All of the wires have been hooked up to their proper places. So now, how can I hook up a headphone jack to this amp as well? I have an idea where the left and right audio pins...
  9. GC64

Question Screens

I'm about to buy a 5 inch backup monitor from ebay for my portable, but before I do I wanted to make sure it'll work fine. https://www.ebay.com/itm/282298344204 The screen takes composite video and says it takes 6-32V and around 3W. Everything seems to be right, I'm just concerned because I've...
  10. GC64

Question Cooling recommendations

What do people recommend for cooling the n64? I've seen people use copper plates over the chips along with a fan, but can't I just use the heatsinks they came with? I planned to just use the thick aluminum heatsinks provided along with a small 30mm fan run off of the 7805. Is this set up good...
  11. GC64

Solved Relocating cart slot problem

Well this was my second attempt at relocating the cartridge slot, and both seemed to fail despite my ultra precison on the second attempt. I'm using 28 awg wire. This time when I boot up the game, the red light flashes and I hear a ticking noise. This can be prevented by pulling on the...
  12. GC64

3DS Screens

Has anyone ever tried using a 3DS screen for other purposes besides the 3DS? I'm curious about it's compatibility with other consoles. Could it display composite video for things like the n64 or gamecube, etc? I'm only asking because I realized it could play youtube videos and display clear...
  13. GC64

Question 3DS Sliders

Well I want to try and hook up a 3DS slider to my superpad, but I can't find much info on doing that. I've seen the converter boards that were made, but that was like three years ago so I haven't found a way to get a hold of one (plus I'm not sure if the board only works for gamecube controllers...
  14. GC64

Solved GBA backlight mod without converter?

I'm thinking about doing the original gameboy advance backlight mod where you take the screen from the SP and use a ribbon cable converter to connect it. I'm sure most of you know the mod I'm referring to. Anyway, is there any way I can connect the SP screen WITHOUT using the converters they...
  15. GC64

Question Battery Life Indicator

I am trying to build a battery life indicator: I have a couple of questions about it: 1. Will it be fine if I simply hook up my 7.4v batteries to the circuit? 2. About what voltage is a 7.4v battery about to die, so that I can set it at that? 3. Which model of transistors I should use? It...
  16. GC64

Question Case Cutting Techniques?

Anyone know of any good case cutting techniques? Specifically for the button holes and that sort of thing. I don't have any machines that'll do the work for me so I have to do it with hand tools. I can't seem to cut holes accurately and evenly so that's why I ask. Thanks
  17. GC64

Question Do I need a PCM?

Looking over multiple wiring diagrams for the n64, I've noticed some do and some do not include a protection circuit board. For instance: PCM: No PCM: Does the first one have something to do with the fact that it's using two 3.7v batteries as oppose to two 7.4's like the second (and every...
  18. GC64

Question Screen Alternative?

No questions in the N64 section? Has N64 modding died already? Anyway, about a year or two ago, I fried my old psone screen by powering it with a voltage too high, and I can't particularly afford another one.. That's why I ask, does anyone know any cheap alternatives that anyone has had...
  19. GC64

Question Cursor Analog Stick?

I'm sure you've all thought about this before, but is the idea of using an analog stick as the wii cursor a possibility? I mean the way I see it, the one true way to have a handheld wii portable would be one which can play wii games, not just gamecube games and emulators. One requirement for...
  20. GC64

Solved GC Controller Cut Points?

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the N64 section or the Gamecube section, but I figured it mainly had to do with the GC so whatever. Here I have a gamecube joystick, still on the gamecube controller board, wired to a superpad64: I will be fitting it back into the superpad's case, so I want...