Search results

1. Somewaffles

Worklog Purple ashida

I decided to try my hand with an ashida as I was tired of working on my 13 year n64 portable. I was able to 3d print my own case using an ender 3 pro. With wesks stl files. The case turned out great printing at around a 45 or 60 degree angle. The first thing I did was wet sand and the spray...
  2. Somewaffles

Worklog PortaN64

It's finally time for me to start my first workload. I am making a portable n64 that I feel is unique and a challenge for me. My plan is to design a single board that includes the n64, pms, amp(with digital audio, thanks Gman for getting me started), usb-PD, and lcd driver to drive a 5 inch...
  3. Somewaffles

Question UltraVGA/UltraHDMI

What is the status with these? I’ve been looking over the forums and saw back in 2016/2017 there was a poll for interest but I haven’t seen anything recent. Is there something else that is newer? Also I understand that with these you can trim the board smaller by getting rid of the video encoder...
  4. Somewaffles

Question Controller hookup on motherboard

Don’t know if this has been asked before but where do people wire up the controller to the motherboard? I managed to trim the board using Buds trim guide and have player one all squared away and working. The issue is I cut too much off the board for players 2-4,which isn’t a big deal, however, I...
  5. Somewaffles

Question Controller board oscillation

Recently I watched shockslayers video on using the controller chip by itself, I know all the grounds need to be connected and all VCC need to be connected(or maybe they don’t that’s just what I remember through my research). What I’m confused about how to wire up for the oscillator. Attached is...