Search results

1. Benge

Xbox 360 Portable

Because it was very challenging to do one, cause of UGE power draw and a lot of heat, this project was very challenging and took me almost 2 entire years from motherboard analysis to the final console. It's been very long and complicated, currently the most complicated project of my life, but...
  2. Benge

Worklog Portable Xbox 360 (slim)- Research Thread

Safety first ! I wanted protection in case of overheating or thermistor reading problems. I had no choice but to use a microcontroller. At first I really didn't want to code, I don't like that and it always takes up a lot of my time. But it has a lot of advantages, by using a microcontroller I...
  3. Benge

Guide RVLoader USB Compatibility Database

Just saw this thread. For a while I was using micro SD adapter based on GL823K, it work fine as I know. And I find it much easier than trying to figure out which USB flash drive works. Here is the product link : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32918607789.html I used this chip for my tiny wii...
  4. Benge

I've just finished working on most of the final review video of this big project, so I'll be able to continue updating this thread ! Battery : For the battery I'm using 4S 5000mAh 21700 (Lishen LR21700SD). I connected them in series and spot welded them with 8mm nickel strips in 0.2mm...
  5. Benge

Thanks for the video, for large heatsinks or where a lot of heat is needed to melt the solder like in the video, it could be a great solution. I'll certainly try this for other projects, thank you ;) Let's talk about controllers : At first I was thinking of using a microcontroller-based circuit...
  6. Benge

I know the channel, I've watched quite a few of their videos, it's very instructive :D I've seen quite a few people use this for laptop mods, however I haven't found any videos talking about thermal epoxy on ATS channel, so if you have the link send it to me For reactivity issues I haven't had...
  7. Benge

Good news: I've finally finished this long project that took me almost 2 years to complete. It's the vacations, I'm at my family's, i'll have some time to dive back into the progress of this project and update the thread to share with you the technical details of the project ;) We were at the...
  8. Benge

Hey Nold, Its been a while since the last update ahah Too much work to add to this, maybe I will add the progress when I have free time after the ending. I got the reference :XD: Hope Youtube will add the AI automatic doubling soon :rothink:
  9. Benge

GC Nano - The Worlds Smallest Gamecube

Very nice and clean build ! I love all the feature added in it for the smole size, it's very impressive. great work guys :D
  10. Benge

Question 6-Layer trim shows some signs of life and then remains black screened

Yea the red wire is connected from that capa to send the 5V to the USB since the trim process cut the internal 5V copper track
  11. Benge

Question OverBoost the Nintendo Switch

I'm on a project of boosting a Switch to the max with upgraded cooling (so no temp issue B|). So I use a V2 (Mariko), since it consume and heat less and the GPU can theoretically go to higher clock than the V1 (Erista). I'm on latest FMW (16.0.0) and latest Atmosphere For OC I use...
  12. Benge

Worklog Makin' a portable Wii

A tip: use the holy enameled copper wire for small vias, it's much more easy, and with this you don't risk to break the solder or worse the vias or the track by moving the wire. 0.1 to 0.15mm work well for signal wire, bigger is too rigid. Of course before soldering it is necessary to tin the...
  13. Benge

Good news the motherboard is not dead ! For booting the 360, a connected HDMI or video cable is needed, but that was not the problem here. In fact I had just forgotten to color a part which is connected to the 3.3V and which powers the southbridge. So of course I had forgotten to connect it...
  14. Benge

PCBs are working perfectly ! Who wants a slice of 360? With the new PCBs I can remove this part and it works ! 100% on battery so Portable ! Then I analyzed and reconnected all the wires needed to cut out this other part, but after a lot of testing and research no boot. The southbridge is...
  15. Benge

Worklog Yet, another portable Wii

If you whant great and not "li-bomb" cels, you can go on this DE website : https://www.akkuteile.de/en The one I used from Aliexpress are fine, but you never really know what you got ...
  16. Benge

Here is my last video, I talk about all my attempt : To sum up : 1-NAND Relocation : Thanks to @YveltalGriffin advice, I managed to get the NAND relocation working. The issue was : crossing the wire. For high speed signals the wires must not cross each other, and need to be same lenght...
  17. Benge

Worklog An attempt to recreate the PS2 PCB

Glad it could help you on your amazing project ! I really like the design, and the dimensions are really small, can't wait to see what's next :) I really like the mindset of making what many people think impossible possible ;)
  18. Benge

You know, Ground vias are very important in PCB design B|
  19. Benge

The CPU VCS on my VRM PCB work fine, But my custom VRM didn't work for the moment, So after few test for measuring PWM signal or other signal, I got a things like short circuit at the main voltage for no reason. To see if it comes from my VRM I cut the VRM of a dead MB and put it in place...
  20. Benge

Worklog AtomicPlayStation2: My first portable project. My first portable PS2.

Good work, the case is very clean <3