Search results

1. GingerOfOz

Worklog Wiiboy Color II Worklog

I guess it's time. I stopped building Wiiboy Colors because I did not enjoy assembling the USB-C and old PMS boards needed to build them. Unfortunately, there just isn't enough space in the case to fit a PMS-2 and a PMS-PD inside, so I never bothered to do a redesign to use modern boards. BUT...
  2. GingerOfOz

Question Portable wii problems ??

You should probably reach out to whoever you bought that G-Wii from for help. It's impossible to tell from those pictures what's going on.
  3. GingerOfOz

Wii Disk Drive Stand stl files

This man peddles shrines for the anti-christ Our little town will not tolerate this
  4. GingerOfOz

Spencer's Wii X

When Spencer retired from portablizing back in 2020, I happened to live in the same town as him. He sold me a bunch of parts and equipment very cheaply, including a sleek, blue case for a portable Wii that he never got around to finishing. Since 2020, the case has lived in various corners of...
  5. GingerOfOz

Guide Wii Undervolting "guide" and stats. (incomplete)

I've got a Wii board that runs very stably (so far) with the 1.15v line pulled down to 1.02v. I've undervolted a PMS-2, connected the 1v and 1.15v lines to a single 1.02v reg, and put it inside of the WiiX, so I'll report on how it does
  6. GingerOfOz

Question Ashida Wii Help

Sometimes a Wii is still able to boot up, even without the U10 relocation. When this happens, it boots up into an almost half-awake state, where it might be able to load RVLoader but can't do anything past that. Definitely make sure you're using the right via in the future.
  7. GingerOfOz

Question Ashida Wii Help

My guess would be an issue with the data wire. It sounds like you've checked for continuity there, but sometimes the act of closing the case or shifting it causes the connection to loosen up. If your screen is working fine then it's likely not a voltage issue, so I'd recommend just redoing the...
  8. GingerOfOz

Secret Santa 2023: Post your gifts here!

Just back back from holiday travels to find my secret Santa package! Inside the first part was a diamond cutting wheel and one of those tiny GameCubes. No 20 year old gummies inside of this one though, apparently my Santa was too hungry to leave those in. The last item in there was a Waluigi...
  9. GingerOfOz

Question Friends, I'd like to ask why the Wii can only be connected for AV video output and not VGA output?

The aspect ratio being weird is because your Wii is outputting in 16:9 instead of 4:3. You can change that in the Wiis home menu settings, or with a homebrew program like SettingsEditorGUI
  10. GingerOfOz

Solved Why does my Wii turn on without pressing power button?

2S2P battery config? All cells need to be in parallel, if you're feeding 7.4v to your PMS then that's very bad
  11. GingerOfOz

Question Planning on building a Wii portable but have never touched a soldering iron and have no idea how to even start approaching this.

If you're new to soldering and working with hardware, then any portable Wii project is going to be pretty daunting. I don't think that means you can't start by designing your own though. Nothing in your list of planned features is unreasonable, those are all things that are implemented through...
  12. GingerOfOz

Question Making a Wii portable WITHOUT RVLoader

Quite difficult. Judging from that thread on how you broke your Wii, I think you'll need to practice your soldering quite a bit to be capable of tackling the BT and Wifi relocations. Buying a new Wii is the better option here
  13. GingerOfOz

Solved Trimmed Wii board not booting

If you're using the included RGB led, you'll need to go into the RVLoader settings and set it to the correct LED type for it to show any colors. It's set to simple led by default instead of the addressable RGB one.
  14. GingerOfOz

Guide How to Trim a Wii (in video form)

When I first got interested in portablizing, the specifics and methods behind Wii trimming and how it worked were some of the more confusing parts for me when I was a complete beginner in electronics. A couple of weeks ago I went ahead and did a 6 hour livestream where I did a thorough...
  15. GingerOfOz

Question Power button not working/malfunctioning

Take a closer look at the legs you were using. Those are the shielding/support pins for the tact switch, so you were essentially just shorting the button pad to ground, causing it turn on but be impossible to turn off
  16. GingerOfOz

Question Anyone tried this for wii portable before?

I've got a set of those. The quality is very "generic third party accessory", but if you just want something GameCubeish then they do the job.
  17. GingerOfOz

Question Like this?

Shape wise, the trim looks fine. You need to use 34 gauge magnet wire any time you're soldering to Wii vias though, a fat wire and hot glue will not work reliably.
  18. GingerOfOz

Question WII soft mod question

All you need to softmod a Wii is the motherboard with the Wifi and Bluetooth modules still attached. Just to be sure, you aren't looking at the $80 4 layer motherboards on ebay, are you?
  19. GingerOfOz

Worklog My first ever build: the ashida

I would say that running the wires is probably easier than soldering the ribbon connector, but both of those options are a cakewalk compared to some of the tougher Wii soldering. I'd say the ribbon cable is worth it for the cleanest internals, otherwise just wires will work fine.
  20. GingerOfOz

[Group Buy] $25 3.5" 640*480 VGA/HDMI LCD

5 for the big guy over here please