Search results

1. ScrambledFrequency

Question The Mystery of Nintendo 64 Saves.

Have I ever told you guys about how weird the N64 is? It seems to be picky about everything, including power supplies. If I power the N64 off the conventional N64 Power Brick, there is a squeaking noise while it runs, games randomly freeze, and it saves and loads properly. When I power it off a...
  2. ScrambledFrequency

The Ugly64

Possibly. I currently do not have a YouTube channel, but we'll see, no promises.
  3. ScrambledFrequency

The Ugly64

4. ScrambledFrequency

The Ugly64

Hello everyone! I've finally finished my first foray into the N64 field of portabilizing. And so, I humbly present to you: The Ugly64! Also known as the Freaky64, or the Shocking64, this has quite a few features: Fully functional U-Amp Custom regs setup. Thick and Long-lived batteries...
  5. ScrambledFrequency

Worklog Scrambled's Firsty

LCD panel issues aside, I put some work into the controller. I'm using a Brawler64 controller made by RetroFighters. I wired up a forever pak directly to the controller. I tested it by saving a ghost from Mario Kart. Also, the ramswap is still working! A few other things. I will probably...
  6. ScrambledFrequency

I did some more troubleshooting, and the screen seems to have the same random discoloration with a different input. It has the burn in issues as well.
  7. ScrambledFrequency

Yeah, @Stitches you are probably right. I've been meaning to clean the RAM, but I am perpetually out of rubbing alcohol. Anyways, quick update. Happy New Year's, everyone! I started fiddling around with the controller today, since I just got back from vacation. I discovered that by shorting the...
  8. ScrambledFrequency

Hey all! After a couple of enterprises into the Wii portabilizing scene, I realized I wanted something else to destroy. So I picked the N64. Since this is my first portable N64 I'm just going to keep it simple. I will be using composite video since the N64 Advanced and UltraVGA are both out of...
  9. ScrambledFrequency

Question PIF relocation info?

EDIT= never mind, I found the PIF Circuit. However, I want to do the relocation by simply cutting that section of the board off and simply rewiring it. I know I also need to have those two other IC's, but besides that, are there any resistors or capacitors that I need to relocate?
  10. ScrambledFrequency

Worklog ScrambledFrequency's Wii R&D Thread.

You're right, they are pretty skinny. I realized that when I ordered them. These are just to test to make sure the reg board can make the voltages I need. I am not intending to power the Wii on these as a permanent solution, or possibly at all.
  11. ScrambledFrequency

How'd you guess?
  12. ScrambledFrequency

Just a little teaser for something I'm working on. Will assemble in a few days. Can you guess what this is?
  13. ScrambledFrequency

Nice! I'm impressed! Classic NAND Bend right there.. haven't seen one of those in a while! Nice work!
  14. ScrambledFrequency

This is a thread I'm making to document my little Wii projects in progress before posting them in their own thread. For now I'm gonna document progress on an OMEGA trim I'm working on. I intended to use the NAND flex boards from 4layer. However, I wrecked both trying to fix some joints that...
  15. ScrambledFrequency

How to add a tagline.

You're on!
  16. ScrambledFrequency

Where can I get a screen driver with vga for this screen?

Yes. But I want to take that smallness up a level maybe (or is that down?).
  17. ScrambledFrequency

How to add a tagline.

OK. What rank do I need?
  18. ScrambledFrequency

How to add a tagline.

I don't have that option.
  19. ScrambledFrequency

How to add a tagline.

I've noticed that a lot of famous members have a little line such as @cheese 's "the tallest memer in town" and such. I was wondering if there was a way for me to do something like that.
  20. ScrambledFrequency

Where can I get a screen driver with vga for this screen?

Yes, I know. I was just wondering if there was one with only HDMI to save power and space, but I guess not.