Search results

1. vipe_202

Ashida Wii Portable

The charger just states that the batteries are possibly 3s. There's no guarantee of a BMS board, 3s charge board internally mounted or what the input is actually capable of. Which means based on the brick you need a 12.6v 3a constant current constant voltage charge setup to be safe. Those items...
  2. vipe_202

Ashida Wii Portable

The power banks you're looking at here are 12v output they could be likely to cause a fire connecting to your charge input. In the case of your portable the internals are unknown to the forum and the power circuit would also be unknown. That being said it would be difficult then to reliably...
  3. vipe_202

Ashida Wii Portable

I suppose it should be clarified this portable sounds like a 3s lithium setup, that 12.6v charger is likely a dedicated lithium bat charger. 3.7v X 3 is a nominal 11.1v but max charge at 4.2 per cell is 12.6v.
  4. vipe_202

Ashida Wii Portable

I hate to say it but if it's a dc jack and not a USB C port this sounds like a knock off ashida from AliExpress or something.
  5. vipe_202

Solved Why does my Wii turn on without pressing power button?

Got this from 4layertech discord when i needed to replace mine https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/texas-instruments/BQ24292IRGET/4146960
  6. vipe_202

Worklog My first portable Wii worklog: the WiiDS

screen and pms can both be found here as was previously mentioned
  7. vipe_202

Question ED64Plus on trimmed N64?

Can’t say it’ll be the issue but the ed64plus has a trick to swap something to do with pal and ntsc says on the back of the cartridge, couldn’t hurt to see if that’s an issue
  8. vipe_202

Worklog 8” 4:3 N64 build

Tested a base print for what I have so far, I like it more already
  9. vipe_202

Well I suppose I can go ahead with a cartridge slot now, I have something that actually test printed ok and is pretty solid. Took a few tries but it’s there
  10. vipe_202

Question White or black wii?

Blue or red family editions
  11. vipe_202

Well might as well update some cad stuff, tossing around the idea of the cartridge vs embed an ed64
  12. vipe_202

PS2 slim 79004 in Europe?

Just change the last number and search eBay, 0,1,2,3,6,7,12 likely some variation in motherboards but there’s more than just #4
  13. vipe_202

Solved Vga double image

Are you using a pal console? Not sure if that makes a difference with the driver board. Do you have your wires shielded like twisted pairs for rgb and composite? H/V sync shouldn’t be twisted
  14. vipe_202

Question "Failed to initialize FAT" error on First Ashida build

Just wondering does the Wii in the ashida have 1.6 installed or potentially an earlier version? I could see having an earlier version of rvloader being installed and needing the reinstall to update with version 1.6 being a potential fix. 1.6 needed a full reinstall to update with the sandisk...
  15. vipe_202

Solved Vga double image

Give swaping from composite to vga a test, I get a weird issue on one of those 5” lcds and the black driver board vga looks messed up on boot but swapping inputs cleans it up
  16. vipe_202

Solved Individual game issues on trimmed wii

I’m going to say that the Mx is making the difference here, I’m on 1.6 rvloader gwii build as well with Mx chip and your black screen no sound games are working just fine with vga as well
  17. vipe_202

Ram swapped, jumper slot wired up can say that at least until this point I’m in working order
  18. vipe_202

RVLoader v1.6

go to GitHub and rebuild it from source maybe you can, maybe you can’t
  19. vipe_202

Random setting changes

So pulling from your post: -rv loader settings changing randomly each time I turn the system on, often to settings that aren't choose-able options(negative temperatures, charging voltages that are way to high, "-nan C", etc.) ^ this is faulty wiring on the data connection the pms/rvl amp or...
  20. vipe_202

Tested out a sample of what I have so far to get the idea of the feel of the whole setup.