Search results

1. vipe_202

Worklog 8” 4:3 N64 build

Figure I’ll make a start to my build log. I’ve always liked the partybox from Wess so this is inspired from that style of a portable. Ideally I wanna have quality video out, 4:3 aspect ratio, and potential 4 player capability but I got no one to play with so it’ll just be me haha. So far it’s...
  2. vipe_202

Discussion Rvloader working Usb to microSD adapters or thumb drives

Starting a thread for those that have tested out microSD to usb adapters that are viable for Rvloader portable and non portable use. Found this gem on AliExpress, just tested today with a 512gb Samsung Evo microSD, has nearly identical form factor to the Kingston adapter...
  3. vipe_202

Worklog GC+ 2.0 DIY controller

So for the sake of portability and something less bulky in design than a standard GC controller. I'm giving a go at a GC+ 2.0 non custom PCB board design intially for the sake of prototyping and I'm not kicad proficient yet. This had been something I wanted to do once I had my partybox done so I...
  4. vipe_202

Zelda themed Partybox HDMI

First off I gotta thank @Wesk for his partybox build and suffering through numerous questions. Since I joined BitBuilt and went through the models section I always wanted to build my own version of the partybox and finally I got there. The biggest hindrance at the time was definitely the lack...
  5. vipe_202

Worklog Partybox styled build

Well now that my larger printer is up and running I think I can get around to starting this build log. So I'm more a fan of using a standard controller vs some of the controls that can be had in a handheld build, which has had me liking the partybox from Wesk since I came across it just didn't...
  6. vipe_202

Wiide-boy portable, inspired from G-Boy

Continuing with my theme of fitting a portable into my 180mm build volume printer comes another portrait handheld my Wiide-boy. Coming in at 512 grams 115mm wide 155 tall 34mm thick and 54°C underload it is a solid piece of fun. Unmodified Rear Plate The aim for this portable was...
  7. vipe_202

Worklog Wiide-Boy, 4.3" widescreen portable

Been bouncing the idea around for a little while now of doing something like a g-boy inspired portable, my ps2 portrait portable turned out well in the end, chunky but working, so I inevitably ended up tackling the first bits of a Wii portable. Just concept phase currently with some hardware...
  8. vipe_202

PS2 Portable, like an oversized gameboy

I'd like to finally present my first portable adventure, a PS2 portable with built in raspberry pi SMB loading. This has definitely been an adventure and learning curve, originally I aimed to go simple and do a standard trim but as I figured out how to model and print my portable shell it...
  9. vipe_202

Model BitBuilt Store switch breakout holders + Joycon Joystick holders

I'll start off by saying thanks to the ones that made the PCB from the store these will be great in portable projects. This model I decided to make should help anyone using those style of PCBs, my cad skills are a bit limited so this was made in Tinkercad so I can only provide STLs. I know the...
  10. vipe_202

Worklog GBA SP printed portrait mod

I decided to try my hand at a weekend project for modding a GBA SP into a portrait handheld. I got some inspiration from boxy pixel's GBA SP unhinged metal version (waiting on my order of one) that I did some searching for 3d printed shells and there are some to a degree of usability on...
  11. vipe_202

Worklog Ps2 portrait with pi smb

Well i figured it's time I should start a worklog. I've been around the forums for a little while now reading the guide and a bit on discord so here goes my progress so far. ** April 18 2021 Finished Product **Update Mar 14 2021 Some minor project changes: Moved from standard trim to...