Search results

1. Stitches

MGC 2024

Hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe Brass GnuCkles
  2. Stitches

Question Total newbie here! I'm interested in getting into Wii portables.

Running the RVLoader installer also installs Priiloader and all the required CIOS modules. Afaik there isn't any functional or compatibility reason to not install bootmii as an IOS during HackMii installation, but it can be skipped without issue. Bootmii is mostly used as partial brick...
  3. Stitches

Discussion Where do I begin? (NOW FLIP'S FIRST WORKLOG)

Yeah those figures are within margin
  4. Stitches

N64HHv2: Silver-Undervolt and MGC-Green Editions

That flex breakout is big brain
  5. Stitches

Worklog My First Portable (La Cucaracha)

Grats on the first try trim!
  6. Stitches

Zelda Themed Wii Portable(Shiikah)

I would recommend not trying a U portable for your first project. It's really fiddly and requires a decent level of soldering skill
  7. Stitches

Zelda Themed Wii Portable(Shiikah)

This idea has been floated before, but I don't remember anyone completing such a design yet. You could be the first to do it
  8. Stitches

Solved Omega trim first attempt FAILED

Did you check that the NTC thermistor hasn't fused closed?
  9. Stitches

Question just operate a 5v screen with 3.3v

Did you disconnect the 5v wire when you added the 3.3v wire?
  10. Stitches

A mistake could kill the screen, yes. Removing the inductor isn't a bad idea, but you should first test to be sure that 3.3v input is enough to run the screen. If it works as expected, then you can remove the inductor
  11. Stitches

RVLoader v2.0

IIRC the BT module needs to be present for the Mii channel to work correctly, unless Aurelio has patched it and i missed that note
  12. Stitches

Supplying 3.3v to the 3.3v inductor *should* work
  13. Stitches

Worklog Project Short Stack

14. Stitches

Worklog Unnamed Xbox Portable

W0t?
  15. Stitches

Question Minimum OMGWTF trim

The purple lines are the OMGWTF trim, the yellow lines are the LMAOv1. Afaik the LMAOv1 lines are the minimum required footprint of a trim aside from the NAND relocation. You could save *some* space, but personally I really don't recommend it. You'll end up with a very annoying troubleshooting...
  16. Stitches

Worklog Wii portable called Wii TV

Calls to the disc drive are made when launching Wii games and I believe some other softwares as well. You can boot the Wii without a disc drive, but you won't be able to run most things
  17. Stitches

Worklog Wii portable called Wii TV

If you don't need/want to keep the disc drive functional, you can remove the drive housing and just keep the little daughterboard PCB in the drive that connects to the motherboard via a ribbon cable and a JST connector. Keeping the disc drive daughterboard connected will trick the Wii into...
  18. Stitches

Ashida Troubleshooting; blue screen then nothing

To make it more affordable for simple builds, the PMS-Lite doesn't have a 1.8v regulator onboard. It instead consumes 1.8v from the Wii's LDO to run some of its logic processes, so a reading of 0v on the 1.8v line when the PMS-Lite is disconnected from the Wii is normal.
  19. Stitches

Question DS Connectivity?

The system can't tell whether a port is wired unless a controller is plugged in. You can wire in the one port, or several. It's up to your use case. As for the control switching, only controller port 1 will work for single player games and for GC2Wiimote bluetooth emulation. You can use a...
  20. Stitches

PS2 Ultra Slim

MOSO is probably a typo for MISO, and VCC is your voltage input which judging from the onboard linear reg might be 5v. Where did you buy this thing? You might want to switch to using a normal microSD to SD adapter