Search results

1. TheAnimeFan

Question Modders, What Got You Into Modding?

How did you guys get into the portablizing hobby? I am interested to hear your stories! I'll start: Like a lot of people, I got interesting in the hobby when I saw one of Shank Mods videos. More specifically, the video on the WIiVision. I had never seen something so amazing, who could have...
  2. TheAnimeFan

Worklog Baby's First GameCube Controller

After discovering that Ginger would flame me if I ever made a GameCube portable, I have decided to put my GameCube portable project to the side. As much as I LOVE the idea of a Wii portable, I think I should take a step back and look at the bigger picture. So let's take a look at the controller...
  3. TheAnimeFan

Worklog My GameCube Portable Attempt

Hi guys, I've been lurking for a while, so I decided it's time to finally toss my hat into the ring. I have a spare GameCube motherboard that has been lying around for who know how long, and I decided it's about time to put it to use. Is this probably and exercise in futility, considering that...
  4. TheAnimeFan

Wii Games Do Not Work on RVLoader

Hello all, sorry if this is a bit of a noob question, but I have a Wii that has been modded with RVLoader. It currently uses an SD to USB adapter. All GameCube games work on it just fine, but any Wii games will not work. I press the A button and then nothing happens. Is there anything that I'm...
  5. TheAnimeFan

Worklog The Wii-84 Plus: A Gaming... Calculator?

Everyone remembers those old Texas Instruments Calculators that your high school forced you to buy for math class. I mean, sure, you can emulate old games on these calculators, good for it, but that's kinda boring. Why don't we do something a bit better? I decided to try to cram a Nintendo Wii...
  6. TheAnimeFan

Solved How Small Can a Wii Motherboard be Trimmed?

Hey All, I was curious to see how small the Wii Motherboard can be trimmed. I have a type of case that I want to use for a Portable Wii, but space is very limited. I understand the dimensions of the OMGWTF trim, but I have seen other, much smaller trims for the Wii Motherboard. (For example...
  7. TheAnimeFan

A Sleeper Gaming... Calculator?

Hello guys, I have recently picked up this old TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculator from my school. The calculator is completely busted up, won't power on, the screen seems completed shattered, etc. And I came up with a really stupid but at the same time interesting idea. The idea is to take a...
  8. TheAnimeFan

Raspberry Pi Portable Questions

I've settled on attempting to make a Raspberry Pi Portable, and I had a question. I was wondering if anyone could teach me how to re-wire a controller for this portable. I was planning on using a Wired Nintendo Switch Controller, if this is even possible. Any help would really be appreciated...
  9. TheAnimeFan

My First Portable?

Hi, so I've been interested in Portables for a while, but I zero experience in doing so. I was wondering if I should start with a Raspberry Pi Portable (As it's easier,) or a Wii Portable, (As it puts me a bit out of my comfort zone and is a challenge). Any tips?