Discussion BBLoader issue log. (old, no longer used)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
BBLoader version: RVLoader v1.6

Description of issue: When I enabled the VGA patch on the installer, my Wii won't display any video/audio, but it will turn on

How to recreate issue: Enable VGA patch on installation

Pictures of error and/or error codes: Just a black screen and my TV doesn't get a signal from the console

USB Drive: (Brand, Size) SanDisk Cruzer Glide 16GB

Video output method: (VGA, Component, Composite) Component

State of Wii: (Trimmed/Untrimmed) Untrimmed, DVD drive is broken
How are you attempting to get VGA out of this Wii cablewise? VGA requires H and V sync, which aren't connected to the Wii's AV multi-out port. You have to solder little wires to two legs on the Wii's AVE chip to get HV sync so VGA will work, a simple component cable isn't enough I'm afraid. (unless you do the unplug and replug trick, but that's for debugging and isn't actual VGA output)

How are you attempting to get VGA out of this Wii cablewise? VGA requires H and V sync, which aren't connected to the Wii's AV multi-out port. You have to solder little wires to two legs on the Wii's AVE chip to get HV sync so VGA will work, a simple component cable isn't enough I'm afraid. (unless you do the unplug and replug trick, but that's for debugging and isn't actual VGA output)
I fixed it, I just had to flip the AV switch I have to HDTV and it works.

Portables
0.25 (just started)
BBLoader version: RVLoader 1.6

Description of issue: I have 2 game cube games on my sd card, SSX Tricky, and Wind Waker. SSX tricky doen't show up at all in the rvloader menu, and Wind waker only shows up in Nintendon't

How to recreate issue: Put SSX tricky, and wind waker on your wii.

Pictures of error and/or error codes: None

USB Drive: MERKURY SD card reader, SanDisk 16GB SDHC card

Video output method: Composite

State of Wii: Untrimmed

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
BBLoader version: RVLoader 1.6

Description of issue: I have 2 game cube games on my sd card, SSX Tricky, and Wind Waker. SSX tricky doen't show up at all in the rvloader menu, and Wind waker only shows up in Nintendon't

How to recreate issue: Put SSX tricky, and wind waker on your wii.

Pictures of error and/or error codes: None

USB Drive: MERKURY SD card reader, SanDisk 16GB SDHC card

Video output method: Composite

State of Wii: Untrimmed
Wrong thread, this should go in the RVLoader thread here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/rvloader-v1-6.4295/

To answer your question though, you probably have an incorrect file structure for your games. Please see the updated file structure guide here, and pay attention to the new red note under the Gamecube heading.

Status
Not open for further replies.