BitBuilt Welcome Thread!

dqrx

Hi all, I'm attempting to make my first portable Wii and I may have already messed upO.o
I am going to have to make a thread asking about my trim...

Hello all, I've been having this dream to make a GameCube portable since I first saw a custom portable on YT by Ben Heck, though that one was for an SNES. Anyways, I figured now would be the best time to make one considering it's so much more accessible now than it was when I was like 11 years old.

Hi! I just joined, I've always liked the scene but only recently have been watching some videos on hardware modding. I'm planning on repairing my PSP (fix some buttons, the joystick and change the charging port for a USB) but if I like the result maybe I will mod one completely: custom colors, battery mod. I also have some plans for my GameCube and, out of the thread, did some things with Raspberry Pi.

I love that the community gives out so much, I hope I eventually can add something new!

Cheers
D.

Hello! New here and to all this mod world.

My name is Belén (aka LadyPinwheel), from Madrid, Spain.

I found Shank Mods video on the Gboy and was immediately hooked! I've also found the Ashida thread and I'd love to give it a try. I want to try and make two. One for myself and one for my 8yo boy. We wanted to buy a Gamecube to play some old Zelda games, and I know there are emulators.. but I'm not a great fan of them. And I know buying a Gamecube would be cheaper, but I have no more space for consoles XD So a portable is a win win for me ^^

And I have a thousand of questions and I've been doing some reading before registering here. But I need help please.. Where do I start? Is there a guide? I found the files and the shopping list..

Also, is there a glossary or something similar? As a total newbie this would be very useful to learn the language.

Thanks in advance!

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hello! New here and to all this mod world.

My name is Belén (aka LadyPinwheel), from Madrid, Spain.

I found Shank Mods video on the Gboy and was immediately hooked! I've also found the Ashida thread and I'd love to give it a try. I want to try and make two. One for myself and one for my 8yo boy. We wanted to buy a Gamecube to play some old Zelda games, and I know there are emulators.. but I'm not a great fan of them. And I know buying a Gamecube would be cheaper, but I have no more space for consoles XD So a portable is a win win for me ^^

And I have a thousand of questions and I've been doing some reading before registering here. But I need help please.. Where do I start? Is there a guide? I found the files and the shopping list..

Also, is there a glossary or something similar? As a total newbie this would be very useful to learn the language.

Thanks in advance!
There is no step by step guide for the Ashida, but you can check other Ashida worklogs in the Wii section to see how other people put them together.

The following links will also be useful for learning the basics
Electronics 101: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/electronics-101-videos.1224/
The Wii Guide Hub: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?forums/wii.101/

Hey, new user here. I heard about portabilising from YouTubers, like Shank and Gman, and it got me interested. I bought a couple Wii’s but I really want to try and make a proper WiiU portable. I know next to nothing, so this will at least take 3 years (generous, I know), but I think it will be a fun hobby.

Heyo everyone. I joined because I want to learn how to make my own portable consoles. Saw the GingerofOz video on the gamecube and found my way onto this place. So just saying hi and can't wait to learn

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
hello there

also can't post under SELL tab, what gives?
As a security precaution to prevent spam, new users are unable to make threads right away. Give it a few hours to a day and the automated system will grant the permissions, alongside a user badge.

Amp

Hey everyone! I'm relatively new to forums and overall being a part of ANY community, but I've been following portable building since 2013, but now that I'm on my own I've been revived and inspired through Shank an Gman. I'm hoping to design and create something mind-blowing, but I'll start with the basics for now. I have a slight electricians background so I feel like I have a small leg up, but who knows! I'm just happy to be here.

RDNoob26

2023 1st Place
Portables
G-boy Wii, VariaPAD
Hello literary everyone!

I've been reading a lot on Bitbuilt since about 2019 and I decided to try to make a portable.

At the beginning I had some parts around which I tried to use to design a case around them, but as I didn't have many experience with 3d modeling, I went for the G-boy wii.

I made it with the tools I had in hand plus a GC+, the internals are not too cool but it works!

Next projects will be a Wii U handheld portable wii, which I would love to post the worklog, and also a Wii Micro (Which I started but fried the 6 layer board sadly)

Attached the Imgur gallery with some pictures of my G-Boy Wii

Edit: Forgot to add some videos of the control and screen testing, and also the finished thing working.

Video: Testing the Screen and GC+ :

Video: Finished console, testing Sonic Adventure 2:

Last edited:

lilbud

Hello, been looking around the forums and decided to join. One day I hope to make my own Wii portable, though that's probably a ways off.

Tighe

Hi All, posting here as required. Really interested in the software/hardware used to 3D Scan cases.