Question Bluetooth trace 10 reads short to ground

kahve

Hey all, I'm trying to figure out why my bluetooth relocation suddenly decided not to work, without the module connected, the trace which should be connected to pin 10 reads short to ground. I've tried to cut the trace before it arrives at the edge of the board but that didn't fix it. Visibly there are no solder joints between the trace and ground, this was working before. Does anyone have an idea?

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Post some pics of the board, hard to get an idea without seeing what we're working with.

kahve

So I cut the trace on a different point and now the short is gone, but the relocation still doesn't work.

WhatsApp Image 2022-10-30 at 10.22.02.jpeg

@CrazyGadget here is the picture of the board where I cut and soldered the wires.

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
The two data lines need to be very tightly twisted together, best done using a power drill. Also, clean up that board! Pics of the rest of the wiring would also be helpful.

kahve

I've tried to measure the traces with the oscilloscope but both of them are always low, is this normal? Trying to twist them a little more right now, they were actually as twisted as my USB wires.

kahve

Twisting them together did not help, I still can't sync my wiimotes on the rvloader menu.

kahve

Okay so I have spotted something that looks like it might be signal but the problem is that the sginal is around 10mV so I suspect it might just be noise
WhatsApp Image 2022-10-30 at 15.31.22.jpeg