Question Built own ashida portable but lack of experience

Jensie

I built an ashida and i cant quite get h sync and v sync connected so i can see if i have display. My Soldering iron tip broke off and i cant exactly get the solder of the h and v sync its a bit too small. So i was hoping i can find some insight or maybe send it out to see if someone can get it finished. I had ordered myself a new wii board the other day incase i messed up bad and have to start over

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
The photo is quite blurry, so it's hard to see if you have done any permanent damage. What I can suggest if you have a bit of extra money, is to buy a Pinecil soldering iron, some kester noclean liquid flux, and a small roll of kapton tape.

The Pinecil is a very affordable, but high performing soldering iron and would be a great replacement for your broken tip. The kester noclean liquid flux will make getting that solder bridge off relatively simple, and small pieces of the kapton tape can be inserted between the AVE pins to prevent shorts like that from happening again

Jensie

The photo is quite blurry, so it's hard to see if you have done any permanent damage. What I can suggest if you have a bit of extra money, is to buy a Pinecil soldering iron, some kester noclean liquid flux, and a small roll of kapton tape.

The Pinecil is a very affordable, but high performing soldering iron and would be a great replacement for your broken tip. The kester noclean liquid flux will make getting that solder bridge off relatively simple, and small pieces of the kapton tape can be inserted between the AVE pins to prevent shorts like that from happening again
Thanks for the information. I had it sent out to CrazyGadget so he could see what he could do to fix it. plus fix anything else i screwed up but i want to make a GC micro now since i had fun doing the ashida