Solved Can you help me to troubleshoot OMGWTF trims?

Portables
I've already trimmed 2 boards:
-RVK-CPU-01
-RVL-CPU-40

I started to work with the CPU-40 because I thought that the resistances on the RVK were wrong (I trimmed too close of the red line)
I trimmed the board first by removing USB and Video areas (rectangle shaped), and the console was working with the u10 already relocated, even measuring the same resistances of the RVK board:
IMG_9180.JPG IMG_9179.JPG

Now I did an OMGWTF trim on the CPU-40 (near 5mm outside the red line) and I'm using switching power supplies to turn on the board (with grounds connected together), and the wii isn't turning on.
IMG_9190.JPG IMG_9191.JPG

About resistances:
1675284326341.png

About voltages:
[Output values]
Measuring 3.35v on 3.3v (All 3.3v voltages may vary)
Measuring 1.02v on 1v
Measuring 1.16v on 1.15v

[Values under load] (I know that I must not touch any power supply even when the values are dropped)
Measuring 3.30v on 3.3v (The power supply is measuring 0.25A of current) (All 3.3v voltages may vary)
Measuring ~0.98 on 1v (The power supply is measuring 0.1A of current)
Measuring 1.05v on 1.15v (The power supply is measuring 0.7A of current)

About u10:
-Was relocated before trim and was working, so I don't think that could be an issue with the trace
-Its receiving 3.26v on the input (All 3.3v voltages may vary)
-It's sending 3.24v on the output (All 3.3v voltages may vary)
-Measuring 3.21v on the other side of the cable (GPU side) (All 3.3v voltages may vary)

I saw the layers on the edge under a microscope, and every layer wasn't making contact (already sanded)
WIN_20230201_14_04_27_Pro.jpg

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Not sure if it's just the camera angle, but is that a solder blob?
1675297453513.png

Aside from that, I can't see anything visually obvious that would be causing any issues. Your trim is actually very good. All I can think to suggest at the moment is to blast underneath the CPU and GPU with a can of compressed air (Air Duster) in case a tiny hair of copper got flicked underneath during trimming and is causing a transient short

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
I would also suggest posting pictures of your whole power / wiring setup, as there could be something going on there.

Portables
Not sure if it's just the camera angle, but is that a solder blob?
View attachment 26029
Aside from that, I can't see anything visually obvious that would be causing any issues. Your trim is actually very good. All I can think to suggest at the moment is to blast underneath the CPU and GPU with a can of compressed air (Air Duster) in case a tiny hair of copper got flicked underneath during trimming and is causing a transient short
Yes, there was a solder blob, thanks
I've already did a reflow on AVE and NAND pins, after I cleaned the board using flux remover, isopropyl alcohol and blasted air below components using a compressor

BUUUUT, still not working

Portables
I would also suggest posting pictures of your whole power / wiring setup, as there could be something going on there.
Here's my wiring. Sorry for mixed colors, but I tried to identify every cable
IMG_9207.JPG IMG_9207.JPG

IMG_9206.JPG IMG_9206.JPG

I'm using composite video with a 12v car monitor (supplied by the same PC power supply with 3.3v)

Portables
I forgot to say that when I turning on the PSUs, the CPU and GPU starts heating a little (like when the console it's working)

(I've 110% cheched the video input of my monitor and it's working)

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Did you leave the Wii powered without a heatsink for more than 30 seconds during previous testing? Thermal damage is a possibility

Portables
Did you leave the Wii powered without a heatsink for more than 30 seconds during previous testing? Thermal damage is a possibility

No, I only removed the heatsink for the pictures

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......................................

Have you checked to make sure that the blob side of the U10 is connected to ground? Sometimes it somehow gets isolated and prevents the U10 from providing the timing signal

Portables
Yes, I followed the troubleshooting guide for u10

3 terminals to grund, input to 3.3v and output and the bga side of the cable 3.3v as well

Portables
The board is finally working!!!
Thanks to all @Stitches, @CrazyGadget, @RobotJack12

The board layers APPEARED to be good at microscope view, but sanding a little more on every edge I had a short on 3.3V, then I removed the components that could be damaged by omgwtf trim, and now I finally measured 16kohm from 3.3V to GND

Thank you for your troubleshooting guys, also I took inspiration from videos in spanish

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
Nice!!! Glad to see it working. For future reference, you'll want to keep your power wires significantly shorter than they are now, both for testing and for a final design. Having something like a PTH setup or an RVL-PSU also makes life a lot nicer, since you supply all the voltage rails on the Wii from one source (only one bench supply needed).

Portables
Thanks

I will proceed to place custom regulators and battery circuits

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Ayyy glad to hear you got it working! That was going to be my next suggestion, but you got there first