Question Case Help

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
I've never used your program but the process should be something like importing the file into your case project file and merge the two bodies into one. Then you'd have to do some extrusions to remove the part of your case that's overlapping the button guides. It's much easier if you move to Fusion 360.

Portables
I've never used your program but the process should be something like importing the file into your case project file and merge the two bodies into one. Then you'd have to do some extrusions to remove the part of your case that's overlapping the button guides. It's much easier if you move to Fusion 360.
I've tried fusion to do this before, but I'll try again.

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
I've tried fusion to do this before, but I'll try again.
Well to do it in fusion download the .f360 file I provide and import it into fusion. Then drag the project into your case project and position it where you want it. Right click the imported piece and click break link, then use the merge body tool to combine the two objects. You can then delete the flat piece extrusion so that it merges seemlessly into your case.

Portables
Well to do it in fusion download the .f360 file I provide and import it into fusion. Then drag the project into your case project and position it where you want it. Right click the imported piece and click break link, then use the merge body tool to combine the two objects. You can then delete the flat piece extrusion so that it merges seemlessly into your case.
I tried that, but the thickness of your model is 2mm. What can I do to make it 3mm thick? Should I just make my case .2 mm thick?

Last edited:

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
I tried that, but the thickness of your model is .2mm. What can I do to make it .3mm thick? Should I just make my case .2 mm thick?
To clarify, it's 2mm not 0.2mm. You could make it 3mm if you wanted to by just extruding it an extra 1mm but I think generally most people use 2mm thickness, 3mm is kind of unnecessary.

Portables
Screenshot (9).png Screenshot (10).png
To clarify, it's 2mm not 0.2mm. You could make it 3mm if you wanted to by just extruding it an extra 1mm but I think generally most people use 2mm thickness, 3mm is kind of unnecessary.
Thanks for the clarification. I'll change my wall thickness to 2mm then.

EDIT: Thanks, got it to work!:D

Last edited:

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
View attachment 7295 View attachment 7296
Thanks for the clarification. I'll change my wall thickness to 2mm then.

EDIT: Thanks, got it to work!:D
Nice! FYI your screw posts are way too thin they won't be secure enough to hold a screw. You should have at least 1.5mm on each side of the hole (example: 2mm hole, 1.5mm on each side = 5mm wide screw post) though even that is too thin for me. I try to have at least 2mm on each side where possible.

Portables
Nice! FYI your screw posts are way too thin they won't be secure enough to hold a screw. You should have at least 1.5mm on each side of the hole (example: 2mm hole, 1.5mm on each side = 5mm wide screw post) though even that is too thin for me. I try to have at least 2mm on each side where possible.
I'll thicken the posts, thanks. I hope the ABXY buttons and dpad will be spaced correctly with the squishy buttons on a breadboard. Do I have to modify the original buttons to work with your button hole templates?

jefflongo

Broke BitBuilt
Staff member
Portables
I'll thicken the posts, thanks. I hope the ABXY buttons and dpad will be spaced correctly with the squishy buttons on a breadboard. Do I have to modify the original buttons to work with your button hole templates?
If you look at my NOGC worklog you can see the spacing I used on perfboard for the GC buttons, they feel good too. As for the screwposts I just drilled holes in the perfboard.

Portables
If you look at my NOGC worklog you can see the spacing I used on perfboard for the GC buttons, they feel good too. As for the screwposts I just drilled holes in the perfboard.
I'll fill in the ABXY buttons with epoxy and sand them down like you did in your work log. I really appreciate the help!:D

Last edited: