Question Creating a G-Boy rev 3 clone

gowi

Hi everyone,

this isn't the first time I've posted to these threads, unfortunately I just forgot all the login info for my old account so I made a new one. About 3 years ago I thought it would be fun to take on the task of building a portable as a way to keep busy during quarantine. Regrettably, I shelved the project, but after watching several videos about modding I wanna give it another shot. The only issue is, I'm in college now, and working a part time, so I don't have as much time as I did when I was in grade 10 doing online learning. I found out since I left by watching both a Spawn Wave and Linus Tech Tips video that at some point there was a build kit called the g boy rev 3. Unfortunately it looks like it's not available anymore for purchase. What i'm curious about is, given the manuals are still available, could I create a mock kit using all the same parts? Where would I find the parts? Are cad files for the case available anywhere? It's also worth mentioning I have a small collection of parts already from 2020, such as unopened switch joysticks, which I'm pretty certain from the videos are what's used in the build. Anyways, forgive me if this is a dumb inquiry, but I appreciate any of the help I can get on the matter.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
DustinFisher has already created a modified version of the G-Boy to make use of currently available tech.
You can check the unofficial Rev4 out here: https://bitbuilt.net/forums/index.php?threads/g-boy-pcb-files.5054/#post-55947

The original G-Boy kits used custom PCBs that are outmoded and no longer available, so Dustin made new ones that use the latest versions of the 4layertech modular boards. A few people have made complete units using these files already