Worklog First Project

Finally got most of my equipment in, so now its time to decide on what I want to do for my first project. I currently have two 6 layer wiis, so I think I will use one to make a Wii Micro, and maybe just try to fix up the other one to resell. Dont have much space in my apartment, so my dining room is being retrofitted into a workstation for now.

Attachments

It's been a while since my last post, so I thought it would be good to provide an update.
-I ordered a 3D Printer (Ender 3 Pro) to use to make the case for the Wii Miicro, and I started the trimming until the mandrel that came with the rotary tool broke (Off to Amazon to get a better one)
-I unfortunately cut too far into my first wii motherboard, so I'm certainly grateful I had a spare. On the plus side, the broken board gives me a good practice spot for soldering/tinning/etc.
-I haven't had too much luck finding some of the components from Nolds guide (tact switches, barreljack, etc), but I haven't stopped looking! Once the PSU board and new Mandrel come in, I'm kicking this thing into overdrive!
1605374417266.png

thens

Please keep update.i would like to learn and see how the progress