Question gamecube controller emulation with an arduino

as I live in the uk, it is hard to come by a GC+ (which is a great piece of tech). However, i have wondered whether it would be possible to use an arduino as a gamecube controller and use the arduino pro micro's pins as buttons. if so this would be a great alternative to the board for uk modders. there is an arduino directory that already exists for this:
Nintendo - Arduino Reference

so i wonder if it would be possible to adapt this into something useable in portables

as I live in the uk, it is hard to come by a GC+ (which is a great piece of tech). However, i have wondered whether it would be possible to use an arduino as a gamecube controller and use the arduino pro micro's pins as buttons. if so this would be a great alternative to the board for uk modders. there is an arduino directory that already exists for this:
Nintendo - Arduino Reference

so i wonder if it would be possible to adapt this into something useable in portables
As someone who tried to find a solution with a Teensy LC. I couldn't find an easier nor cheaper solution than getting a GC+. Plus the RV integration, there has been some ideas about using another thing like i2c but it's like reinventing the wheel, I think that's the only component that's open source so maybe try building one?

Y2K

"The PS1 Guy"
Staff member
GC+ 2.0 is an open source project, so you can order the boards yourself and all the parts from realistically anywhere in the world. All components are on one side of the PCB so its possible to use a hotplate like the MHP30 to solder them quite painlessly. It's not the most cost effective option, but if you plan on doing this kind of thing a lot, it's a great investment.

I wonder if it's possible to use this to allow usb keyboard input to GameCube. I play PSO and I'm still looking for a solution that isn't that ascii keyboard and has off the shelf parts for a converter