Go Ahead With Trim/PortablizeMii Install or Wait?

Joined
May 29, 2020
Messages
20
Likes
4
Location
Houston, TX
So I have my Wii and checked the motherboard revision and was ready to start disassembly and trimming the mobo. I tested that the Wii was working and then checked out the trim guide, but in the Wii Software Preparation step, it says this after the LetterBomb section "We will be updating this section of the guide shortly after the release of the new version of PortablizeMii." I was wondering, should I just hold off for now or can I go ahead with the disassembly and trim just using the current PortablizeMii package/instructions? Maybe I'm being overly cautious, guess I just want to make sure I'm not hosing myself :blush:
 
Joined
Mar 6, 2016
Messages
194
Likes
271
If you would like to start trimming I would highly recommend installing PortablizeMii before you trim the motherboard. It is a lot easier this way as you have access to usb, bluetooth for the wiimote, and gamecube controller ports to test and make sure everything works on the console. You could just install the current version of portablizemii right now and then trim. I'm sure the new version of PortablizeMii will allow you to update to the latest version once it releases however you will have to wire up usb and a gamecube controller to install the new version after you trimmed. Either way you should be fine as long as you install the current version of PortablizeMii or the next version before trimming your wii.
 
Joined
May 24, 2020
Messages
24
Likes
4
Probably gonna start my trim tomorrow cos of this thread. (Or today I guess, im a bit of a degen.)
 
Joined
Apr 27, 2020
Messages
9
Likes
1
Hey was the update ever released.
I installed portablizemii last month and I'm ready to start trimming my wii, then I saw that section in the trimming guide saying there's an update coming up.

If I go ahead with the trim now will I be able to update it once the G-Boy is completed? Or should I just wait.

Thanks
 
Top