Help with PCB800099 firmware

AndehX

I have one of these LCD driver boards, but it looks slightly different from the usual green boards you can get everywhere.
I'll attach a photo of it, but does anyone have one of these blue boards? and if so, could you possibly dump the firmware on it for me? None of the usual PCB800099 firmwares you can find online seem to work on it.

Thanks!

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
RTD firmware dumps are technically illegal, the software is licensed and free distribution isn't allowed. A few people here have been working on custom RTD firmware tho, you could talk to them in private. Just don't post dumps or firmware images here, we could get in legal trouble.

AndehX

Oh sorry, I had no idea. I figured since I legitimately bought this driver, that I would be free to flash anything I wanted to it. Oh well, thanks anyway

AndehX

Maybe someone with more knowledge than me can shed some light on the issue i'm having.

So I originally bought this driver board with an 8inch 800x480 screen (AT080TN64) and noticed, what appeared to be significantly reduced colour depth. So I figured it was probably just a firmware issue.
So I grabbed a zip with a whole bunch of firmwares, and began flashing various different ones, but I noticed they all produced the same issue: Screen flashes when powered, then just remains blank.
Unfortunately, my attempt to backup the original firmware on the driver board failed (I had the incorrect file size entered when backing up) so I am stuck with a useless driver board that doesn't seem to work with any of the available PCB800099 firmwares.

So what am I missing? Does this particular version of the board use a different set of firmwares to the commonly found "green" board?
Any input would be greatly appreciated.