Question Help with Wii

Recently I started building an Ashida as my first Wii portable. I have wired most of the boards up already, but I can't seem to solder anything to the Wii. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I was wondering if there were any tips anyone could give me. Thanks.

Shipyu

Why can't you solder anything to your wii's motherboard? There is a lot of guides which explain what to do first when building a portable, where are all the voltages you want to solder to, what vias corresponds to what functionnality on the wii or on the other modules... You can also find information on the 4layertech website in the documents section
At first you'll want to confirm that your trim is working so you'll need to wire up your voltages, u10 either with the 4layertech pms if your using it or with u10 relocation and your video output which is either composite or VGA depending on if you chose to enable VGA patch when installing RVLoader

You might just have a Wii with solder protection, just scrape at the Vias a bit with an exacto knife and the protection should come right off, then you should be able to solder to the Wii.

Recently I started building an Ashida as my first Wii portable. I have wired most of the boards up already, but I can't seem to solder anything to the Wii. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I was wondering if there were any tips anyone could give me. Thanks.
Hi! i want to build something an ashida. how can i start? is there any guide? what will be the costs? ive dabbled in soldering and find it really fun. and have always wanted to make a wii portable. How do-able would this be for a complete beginner?
If I understand correctly, you are also doing it for the first time

Hi! i want to build something an ashida. how can i start? is there any guide? what will be the costs? ive dabbled in soldering and find it really fun. and have always wanted to make a wii portable. How do-able would this be for a complete beginner?
If I understand correctly, you are also doing it for the first time

Read the whole thread for the Ashida. Then read the whole Wii trim guide. Then read them again. Read the tools and materials thread. Search the forum for things like "ashida" and read all the worklogs. They are seriously helpful. You get to see things people ran into and how they fixed it. The wii-boy manual is interesting stuff as well. There isn't really a "guide", you just have to be willing to figure it out. Once you see how the wii parts connect up and such, it's pretty straight forward.

Practice soldering really small things. If your eyesight isn't perfect, consider one of those digital microscope devices all over amazon. It helps a lot to get a better view. You can practice on the parts of the wii board you aren't going to use if needed. The vias and some of the chips are probably good practice. Check out the H/V pins for the VGA mod. Make sure you can mange the soldering on them.

Cost depends on you really. What tools you need to buy, if you have a 3D printer and if you are going to self-print. The BOM on the ashida page has a good list with sources and prices.