Question Help

Portables
OG boy
Hey i broke my wii.
so my idea was a larger portable with like a built in sensor bar and stuff. It would have usb loader gx to run games. I wanted to remove the disk drive without the need for emulation and i read that you can just use the drive circuit board-unattached to the drive- and that works fine so i tried it and I didn’t work. I screwed the drive back to its board and plugged everything back in the way it was. Still cannot boot a game. I have another wii board and disk drive but i would rather keep them for my next portable.
In short, i need to know if it’s possible to emulate the optical drive and still use homebrew, usb loader etc.

cy

Portables
As MP3 said, one of the first things you should be doing when preparing a Wii for trimming is installing RVLoader. RVLoader is our replacement for homebrew apps like USB Loader GX and it helps to protect the console from being bricked upon temporarily removing features like Bluetooth and Wifi for the trimming process.

Something like this should be common knowledge to you already if you're planning on making a portable Wii. I would advise you read through some worklogs and do some more general research on the forums before you take on a project like this. Learning from other people's mistakes will save you a lot of time and money in the long run, and would likely keep you from having issues like this in the first place.

Portables
OG boy
As MP3 said, one of the first things you should be doing when preparing a Wii for trimming is installing RVLoader. RVLoader is our replacement for homebrew apps like USB Loader GX and it helps to protect the console from being bricked upon temporarily removing features like Bluetooth and Wifi for the trimming process.

Something like this should be common knowledge to you already if you're planning on making a portable Wii. I would advise you read through some worklogs and do some more general research on the forums before you take on a project like this. Learning from other people's mistakes will save you a lot of time and money in the long run, and would likely keep you from having issues like this in the first place.
Thanks but im not trimming this board as i have said before its a new kind of portable