i need some help with controllers solution for ps2 portable project !

hi! i'm doing research for neccessory pcb parts for ps2p and now i'm runing into some problem , from what i know , there's 2 way to make controllers work on ps2 in portable form . 1 is using the dualshock 2 board then solder the wires between the mainboard and controls board , i try to avoid this solution because the step are too complex and replacement would be difficult in future , .2 is using a ps2 plus board , i can use customs pcb for dpad , face buttons and switch analog ! i've got the file, the design of ps2 plus but i can't find anywhere the bom list of components for ps2 plus ! i would like to hear from you guy to see if anyone can provide the component list to assemble the pcb board , of course , if you have some spare ps2 plus board , i would like to buy it ! thanks for reading !

sort of , i find out the kicad file of the board on gifhub but can't find any "bom list " file , i'm planing to some how create it or find the download of it then place order at some manufacture factory , and let they do assemble service for me, it's save more time than let me do it my self with higher risk . but thanks you , i'll try to figure it out .

Portables
In that post they mention that all you need is the PIC16F18876, the transistor and all passives are only needed if you want rumble. What exactly are you looking for ?
AF60F73A-045C-4291-AE6B-BEBE827C5F45.jpeg

bom list mean "bill of materias" , it's xlsx file format that contain what kind of microchip you use to soldering on that board and quantity of chip, transistor you should use on that pcb , it look like the file i upload here ! if i can make a file or somehow find it on internet , i can place order online , manufacture factory would make the pcb then assemble
it for me . i would like to avoid do solder it myself due to lack of tools and risk to mess it up if i try it anyway

Attachments

1 chip and 1 transitor only?oh ok thanks you , just 1 more question , does ps2+ supports pressure sensitive? can i use normal buttons like any other ps2p project and still be able to use that feature?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
1 chip and 1 transitor only?oh ok thanks you , just 1 more question , does ps2+ supports pressure sensitive? can i use normal buttons like any other ps2p project and still be able to use that feature?
No, only OEM PS2 controllers have that function. In OEM controllers, the button contacts are on a separate flex PCB, the specific construction of which allows for the pressure sensitive functionality. Very few games ever leveraged this functionality, and replicating it would be a significant pain in the ass (and be highly expensive), so it's not a part of the PS2+. Digital button inputs only I'm afraid

I don't think any third party controller companies ever managed to properly replicate it either

No, only OEM PS2 controllers have that function. In OEM controllers, the button contacts are on a separate flex PCB, the specific construction of which allows for the pressure sensitive functionality. Very few games ever leveraged this functionality, and replicating it would be a significant pain in the ass (and be highly expensive), so it's not a part of the PS2+. Digital button inputs only I'm afraid

I don't think any third party controller companies ever managed to properly replicate it either
i already do order some pcb from oshpark and microchip also . it look like in the pictures and something i don't understand , i search for pic16f18876, there's 2 shape of that microchip ,one is square and other is rectangle , which one should i take since it's the same . from the picture i uploaded , there're 2 position for soldering either , do i have to solder 2 chip on 1 board or chose whichever i like to solder then left 1 alone?

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
i already do order some pcb from oshpark and microchip also . it look like in the pictures and something i don't understand , i search for pic16f18876, there's 2 shape of that microchip ,one is square and other is rectangle , which one should i take since it's the same . from the picture i uploaded , there're 2 position for soldering either , do i have to solder 2 chip on 1 board or chose whichever i like to solder then left 1 alone?
The footprint on the PCB is square, so get the square one. The pads on the back are for an FFC socket, for builds that use more custom PCBs and want to reduce the number of wires used. You don't need to worry about the FFC socket.

Now's probably a good time to remind you that you will need a PICkit 3/4 programmer to flash the PIC microcontroller with the PS2+ firmware. A PICkit 3 clone will do fine, you don't have to spend a hundred dollarydoos on a genuine PICkit 4