I'm thinking of building a raspberry pi

I'm looking to build a raspberry pi for video streaming and maybe gaming what would be recommended to start out with I'm looking to run a form of Linux something that can run Android stuff to also I've looked at the raspberry Pi's on Amazon and I was iffy to buy one from the start any good reasonable suggestions?

A_s6

Portables
i don’t give a hee ho
are you thinking of building a portable console of some sort? or just a streaming box? if it’s the latter, i suggest looking somewhere else, bitbuilt mostly focuses on the hardware side of things, while your questions seem mostly software based.

I was actually looking for more of hardware that can both like something I can hook up to my TV and I've seen a lot on Amazon but I'm kind of iffy to spend the money and I don't want to end up with something that doesn't work or getting overcharged

are you thinking of building a portable console of some sort? or just a streaming box? if it’s the latter, i suggest looking somewhere else, bitbuilt mostly focuses on the hardware side of things, while your questions seem mostly software based.
software is not the hard part is just fine and good hardware that lasts lol

A_s6

Portables
i don’t give a hee ho
ah got it. i think your best bet is to buy a pi 4 and a case. the pi 4 is pretty powerful. it can emulate up to n64 and even gamecube and wii(with a custom OS and build of dolphin). pis are great as streaming boxes and you can use them with your tv. kodi linux is an OS meant for use in an entertainment setup. also, not to be rude, but it’s against the rules to double post. please merge your second reply with your first.

Last edited:
yeah I'm still new to this site my bad lol and yeah I'm just looking for a good place to get them for reasonable price also I've heard the raspberry pi 4 very for is actually really good for that the only downside I didn't like about is the micro HDMI port