JoniiBoy Wii Portable

Hello everyone! This project has been a long time coming.

I posted a worklog a while ago for a Wii portable project I had been working on (which was overdue all on its own, I had been working on the project for about 3-4 months before that). I finally completed it a few days ago and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I really did want to "get it right the first time", and I think things couldn't have gone much better. I don't want to get too sappy but I'm extremely thankful for this community and the resources that people provide just for the sake of the hobby without asking for anything in return. For that, I have much thanks.

I have to thank CrazyGadget once again for sending me a trimmed board for this project. I actually learned a lot from it, and used it as a reference to get a trimmed board of my own working. GingerOfOz was also a big inspiration for a lot of the design cues for the portable.

As happy as I am with the way everything turned out, there are some design flaws that I'd like to fix before releasing the case files for it, since I cannot bear the responsibility of someone else trying to build one of these and wondering what the hell I was thinking. Any time soon, that is.

Features:
- All the 4LayerTech boards, basically (GC+, PMS Lite, PMS-PD, UAMP2)
- IPS screen also from 4Layer
- 4x 3500mAh 18650 batteries
- Nintendo Switch peripherals except the custom shoulder buttons

The BOM for this project can be found here.

Anyway, picture time.

1.png

2.png
3.png
frontplayingmelee.png

One of the core tenets of 2.0 of the design: some damn wire routing loops. I took this picture before wiring the rest of the things so you can only imagine it getting more messy from here.
insides.png