Worklog making of my first wii portable

Guys I need help. I recently picked up a sauturing iron, to build my first Wii portable. but I have problems. I softmodded the Wii I am working on and picked up a usb. but
I don't know what to build. should I build a Ashida? should I build a wiispii?
let me know you're suggestions.
(And I also have no idea how you guys get the controllers so small.)
what's a good project for beginners?

CrazyGadget

Crazy Helpful, CrazyGadget
Portables
???
If you're a complete beginner to soldering, I would highly recommend starting with some soldering kits from Amazon. They're cheap, and they're a great place to start to hone your skills before moving onto more serious projects. That being said, when you feel like your soldering has made great improvements and you're ready to move on, I like to recommend the Noldendo Miicro as a beginner project in the world of Wii portables. It's less complicated and far less expensive than a full-on portable like a G-Boy, Ashida, etc. (I would steer clear of the WiiSPii, the parts aren't available right now, and it's a very, very complicated portable. As far as I know, StonedEdge is the only one who's made one).

I already have spent 60$ on this project i am ging back to the electronics store in a week as i only got batteries, a usb stick, sauturing kit and sauter.
just one question though. build a Louii, g Wii or a Ashida

Portables
2 Working trimms, 0 Portables
I would say, that the easiest one is the ashida. As, all the boards you could need are at the 4layertech web page. Also, the bigger the console, the easier to fit all in.

StonedEdge

a.k.a. ClonedEdge
Portables

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
I already have spent 60$ on this project i am ging back to the electronics store in a week as i only got batteries, a usb stick, sauturing kit and sauter.
just one question though. build a Louii, g Wii or a Ashida
$60 is a drop in the bucket in the world of portablizing. The Bill of Materials (BOM) for the Ashida is around $250USD iirc, and assuming you don't have the tools / other materials to build it (different kinds of wire, flux, wire strippers, koptan tape, etc.), you should expect to pay significantly more.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
YH but I live in australia. do they even do AUD?
Yes, they do accept dollarydoos and will ship things to us in upside down land

Also it's "solder" and a "soldering" iron. Americans just pronounce the word solder strangely

ok so I would like if this portable could be funtastic colour so does anyone you know where I could get that custom 3d printed and shipped to me in Australia?

CrazyGadget

Portables
???
PCBWay does the translucent resin shells that everyone loves, but they're pretty pricey. If you want something a bit more budget friendly, they have more economically-friendly options, or you could order it from JLCPCB. They don't have translucent resin, but they have some really cheap options that are pretty high quality for the money.

If you have one, I'm pretty sure you could also print the shell on a Prussa 3D printer. It would be much cheaper, but the post processing would be a lot of work and I doubt the translucent filaments would look nearly as nice or clean. Here's some photos of a a translucent print I did on one (note: the print was only like 1mm thick so it may look much less translucent on a thicker print like the Ashida shell)
image1.jpegimage0 (1).jpeg