My first portable build. (GingerOfOz Louii Twoii)

Welcome to my first portable. This is very much NOT my design. This is the Louii Twoii designed by GingerOfOz. I liked the design of this portable and wanted to get my feet wet as this has a lot of documentation. This design also uses many boards from 4layertech, which makes building a portable very new-user friendly. I am following the Louii Twoii BOM. I plan on printing my case on a Voron 0.1 in ABS for durability and printing as many buttons as I can. The build plate is only 120mm by 120mm, so I am printing the case in parts and combining them, so we'll see how that goes. This is only the start of the build as the PCBs and a few other parts are in the mail. I have not trimmed my Wii yet, but I have played around with some soft modding. I will need to restore the NAND flash and then install RVLoader.
Image (2).jpeg

Decent size update: I couldn't restore the NAND without a GameCube controller, so I just deleted old homebrew applications before installing rvloader. I trimmed the Wii, and it seems to boot. Took my forever to desolder the AV header without a heat gun. I am unsure about this error message, but I am excited to see it survive the trim. I finished printing the case. It's not the best looking, given I had to print it in parts, but it'll do for now. I am still waiting on m2 screws cause I guess those are impossible to find locally. I also found an STL file on Thingiverse that lets you make nice twisted pair wires really quickly with an electric screwdriver. I can share the files if anyone is interested.

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Decent size update: I couldn't restore the NAND without a GameCube controller, so I just deleted old homebrew applications before installing rvloader. I trimmed the Wii, and it seems to boot. Took my forever to desolder the AV header without a heat gun. I am unsure about this error message, but I am excited to see it survive the trim. I finished printing the case. It's not the best looking, given I had to print it in parts, but it'll do for now. I am still waiting on m2 screws cause I guess those are impossible to find locally. I also found an STL file on Thingiverse that lets you make nice twisted pair wires really quickly with an electric screwdriver. I can share the files if anyone is interested.
That error screen is normal for when a USB drive is not connected

I am not sure what I am stuck on. I still have the same screen where USB is not connected. I think I've wired everything based on the PMS-lite2 and PMS-PD2 documentation. If anyone has any pointers or ideas. I currently plug in a USB c cable for power

Attachments

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
Do you have a battery wired to the PMS? It won't supply power to the Wii without a battery connected

Do you have a battery wired to the PMS? It won't supply power to the Wii without a battery connected
I got it! I wired straight to the via's on com1, and it works. I might've been not getting a good connection on the components. I appreciate all your help so far Stitches!