Question My First Portable! Please help me diagnose and troubleshoot!

Hello!

I wish I could just upload the video I have so you can quickly get an idea of what's going on here. Anyway, I have stripped the motherboard of the ports, soldered the on/off switch together so it's always on. I have attached the step down regulator, supplying it with the appropriate voltages. I have also stripped a composite cable and soldered the red wire to the right audio, the white wire to the left audio, the yellow wire to the video node, and the black wire to the grounding node marked "g". The system turns on just fine and I've even used a multimeter to check different points of the board to see if it's right. I plug it into my screen and I get no signal. Interestingly enough, the TV displays some text that reads "game mode" when the system is plugged in. So it recognizes that it is a game console but for some reason nothing is showing up. Is there ANY way to upload a video so that you can see exactly how everything is connected?

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
You can upload it to youtube as unlisted and link it here, upload it to streamable.com and link it here, or just upload clear photos of everything here