Worklog N64SP take2

Nice! It would be awesome to compliment this with your fram save pak and an trimmed down a rumble pak. There would obviously need to be a switch between the two functions to not corrupt the save files though.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
Nice! It would be awesome to compliment this with your fram save pak and an trimmed down a rumble pak. There would obviously need to be a switch between the two functions to not corrupt the save files though.
It does have a built in FRAM pak on the pcb. Saves/Rumble support would be much easier implemented when N64+ controller emulator is developed (soon tm). I'm hesitant to change much else until that is a better option to use. It would cut down on a lot of components, including the mcu I have on here for joystick conversion.

N64+ Has so much potential, if we can set the sensitivity values to finally mimic an n64 joystick 1 to 1 - so shooters can be played on modern joysticks without it being oversensitive. I know you reverse engineered the optical sensors on the o/g joysticks, so no one better for the job.

Gman

RTFDS
Staff member
N64+ Has so much potential, if we can set the sensitivity values to finally mimic an n64 joystick 1 to 1 - so shooters can be played on modern joysticks without it being oversensitive. I know you reverse engineered the optical sensors on the o/g joysticks, so no one better for the job.
IIRC the oem joystick ranges are +-78. I programmed mine to +-80. The extra 2 steps is helpful on games like star wars podracer where you need to be pointed up to activate boost, so you can activate boost while still managing to turn to some degree. It's not too oversensitive. N64 joystick converters off-the-shelf are all over the place. Not sure what the heck they are doing its not so hard to get it right lol. But yeah N64+ would have configurable ranges just like GC+ features.

Awesome! I think that's a really good point with pod racers and you could always adjust the range via software. Cool beans dude.

Kirbo

Portables
None..... Yet
I know I am late here but will u post the files for the N64 sp?