Question No VGA Output in System Menu

Viilmo

Portables
I have installed the VGA Patch on my Wii a few days ago and its amazing, but if I try to get to the system menu my screen tells me that theres no sync.
What is causing this?

Portables
I have installed the VGA Patch on my Wii a few days ago and its amazing, but if I try to get to the system menu my screen tells me that theres no sync.
What is causing this?
Did you relocate Bluetooth? As this would cause the black screen/no video on accessing system menu

Viilmo

Portables
Did you relocate Bluetooth? As this would cause the black screen/no video on accessing system menu
The Board is untrimmed and i can get to the system menu when using composite (After removing the 3,3V to mode short)
Edit: its not a Black screen it just says no sync

Viilmo

Portables
I still cant get into the menu I have sound and all but it says no sync on the screen.

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
IIRC just like the GC2Wiimote patch, the RVLoader VGA patch doesn't touch the system menu. You'll have to use composite if you need to access the system menu for whatever reason

Viilmo

Portables
IIRC just like the GC2Wiimote patch, the RVLoader VGA patch doesn't touch the system menu. You'll have to use composite if you need to access the system menu for whatever reason
Are you sure? Because when the VGA Hack first came out it had support for the system menu after v1.3.
Edit: I need it so i can set my system time correctly since I had the battery removed for some time

Last edited:

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I don't remember sysmenu support being introduced, but I'm also a little out of touch, my apologies. Have you tried booting into safe mode and running the installer again? Might have just been a botched install.

Portables
System menu does have an option for selecting 480i vs 480p, my LCD doesn't support 480i VGA so I'll get sound but a not supported for video.

If you wanna test the theory boot RVloader VGA enabled and try and run crash nitro kart GameCube version with progressive scan enabled. You should also have sound and a not supported as it's a 480i only game

Stitches

2 and a Half Dollarydoos
Staff member
Portables
I have no screens that don't support interlaced >.>

Viilmo

Portables
I don't remember sysmenu support being introduced, but I'm also a little out of touch, my apologies. Have you tried booting into safe mode and running the installer again? Might have just been a botched install.
I did run the installer again before where the screen displayed some sort of double lines on the bottom of the screen (Can be recreated if I boot a GC game but dont force progressive) just not in safe mode since I dont have a GC controller

System menu does have an option for selecting 480i vs 480p, my LCD doesn't support 480i VGA so I'll get sound but a not supported for video.

If you wanna test the theory boot RVloader VGA enabled and try and run crash nitro kart GameCube version with progressive scan enabled. You should also have sound and a not supported as it's a 480i only game
I checked with a homebrew software (think it was named system gui or smth) and 480p was selected

Is there any other game I can test this on? I dont own the specific game

Edit: The Homebrew I used is called settings editor gui.

Last edited: