Worklog [Plug 'n Play] Portable de ポピラ (Portable de Popira)

Portabledepopira.png

ポータブルデポピラ
Portable de Popira
Aiming to portablize my favorite rhythm game of all time.

Portable de ポピラ is a project aiming to make a portable version of Takara's 2002 plug 'n play rhythm game "Popira 2".
I have no portablizing knowledge whatsoever, but I would like to make this a reality.
Below is an image of my "Popira 2" unit, which has 2 player support which is kinda neat. I'd want to use the original parts, so there's virtually nothing lost.
It'd be a plug 'n play rhythm game with a screen (and possibly a hinge), some method of "loading songs onto it" (as it can use expansion cartridges to replace the songlist with different licensed J-Pop and anime songs, but I'd like to mod the firmware somehow so you can straight up add the cartridge songs to the default songlist so you don't need to swap out carts every time you wanna play different songs), 2 player support, and some kind of USB-C charging method.
How hard would this be/would anyone be willing to help me work on this?
Again, this is my first portable project, so I don't know exactly what I'm doing, and besides, I don't think anyone has tried to portablize a plug 'n play before, so this'll surely be something unique that nobody's seen before. I have watched a lot of portable videos, like those from Shank Mods and Ginger of Oz, so I understand there are some sites people would recommend for getting things like PCBs and 3D prints, but otherwise I am lost.
I may end up buying a 2nd Popira 2 unit for this, as I would not like to devalue my precious Popira 2, but if anyone has a sure-fire strategy to making sure I am able to portablize this while also not destroying the insides, please tell me.
popira2.png

There's a cable that goes into the 1P controller, that then connects to the TV, as well as a port for an AC adapter (sold separately, which I do not have), and the port for the player 2 controller. I love these things as if they're my children lol.

Here is a link to gameplay of Popira 2. The video in particular is an almost 100% playthrough, as this person only plays the Hard, Hard 4, and Super Hard songs.
The player is required to play the Normal charts before moving onto the Hard charts, which is why this is not a 100% playthrough.