Portabello Road. Commiting war crimes and breaking Geneva convention.

Hello there!

As someone who likes to overengineer stuff.. and tends to just do stuff the harder way.. I plan to commit lots of war crimes before they get me ban from making anything else!
Of course it won't be as bad as that but I had the idea of naming it something else than my usual naming scheme..
Otherwise it would be "piotref1's portable".. My idea was "Country Roads" but my SO suggested "Portabello Road" so it had been decided haha.

It will be slowly updated work log. I have basic experience with creating basic shapes in CAD so yeah.. >>"
Plus will only have 1 month to work on this for longer times as after that month of internship which will slow things quite a bit.

For now got mostly figured out the height of it. Mostly as I don't have the main boards for it and also have to figure out how to mount wii and at what spot ^ ^"
Plus which batteries and sticks I want to use.

I started with simple cover for display so there would be separation from the metal shielding around it and PCB's.
After getting the fit right which took me 2 revisions I added cutout for ribbon cable (the cover was bulging because of it.) and then added holes to snap fit the back cover.

Portable 1.PNG

Portable 2.PNG

So far the planned placement for PCB's (until I learn it's wrong or there are problems with that. :P )

IMG_20210621_192748.jpg

I will just slowly build it up and I know that I should most likely thicken up the area where the ribbon cable is, as it's quite thin at the moment.

For the first post and the time being this should be enough. ;D It will be fun trying to make it work and trying to overengineer detachable controllers and maybe other things too.